Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » ANT Support?(Support for build tools like ANT / Maven.)
ANT Support? [message #654683] Wed, 16 February 2011 16:26 Go to next message
Robert Sanders is currently offline Robert SandersFriend
I've looked around, and haven't seen anything about this, so I thought I'd ask.

I would seem to be really helpful if there were ANT tasks based on JGit. I know there are some that are wrappers for the exec command, but it would in my opinion be really useful for repeatable build scripts and such if there was a cross platform task for cloning and pulling repos.

If one exists and I simply missed it, I would be grateful to be pointed to it; if not then consider this a random idea.

Thanks.
Re: ANT Support? [message #654685 is a reply to message #654683] Wed, 16 February 2011 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Aniszczyk is currently offline Chris AniszczykFriend
Any particular reason you need Ant tasks? For a specific build system?

We have an enhancement request open for this though...

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=321237
Re: ANT Support? [message #654688 is a reply to message #654685] Wed, 16 February 2011 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Sanders is currently offline Robert SandersFriend
Ah, I will vote for this issue then!

Yes. We are currently moving from SVN to git. We handle a number of small(ish) projects and the overall git workflow is generally more to our liking.

Currently we have Hudson set up to run builds for our projects, which range in complexity from simply creating an archive from a set of PHP files, to building a simple RCP application. I also find it very useful if the builds can be made to run both on Hudson and from a developers workstation. For SVN I generally just used a property file to set the path to the executable. However, git support on Windows is, well less than optimal, and I am using the msys-git install running in its own shell. I could jump through some additional hoops and set that shell up so I can run ANT in it, but a solution that requires less configuration would be ideal.
Re: ANT Support? [message #654742 is a reply to message #654688] Wed, 16 February 2011 22:13 Go to previous message
Chris Aniszczyk is currently offline Chris AniszczykFriend
If Hudson embedded JGit, your Windows problem should be solved (I'm assuming the OS portability of Git is hurting you a bit). I was working on this awhile ago but hit a roadblock, can't remember why.

All your developer would have to do is run Hudson (which is pretty easy) and run the job!
Previous Topic:Git and version qualifiers
Next Topic:How can I get content of a file from git index?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:49:38 GMT 2024