Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » examples of cut/copy/paste of domain objects in TableViewer
examples of cut/copy/paste of domain objects in TableViewer [message #654659] Wed, 16 February 2011 15:21 Go to next message
Henno Vermeulen is currently offline Henno VermeulenFriend
I have searched google for some time, but I cannot find a good example on how to implement cut/copy/paste for domain objects.

I have a TableViewer in which each row corresponds to a domain object (a ProductOrderLine); the input is a List<ProductOderLine>. The user can select multiple ProductOrderLines and should be able to reorder and duplicate them by using cut/copy/paste, ctrl-x, ctrl-c and ctrl-v.

Also being able to use drag and drop would be great but this is not a requirement.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide a link to an example/tutorial?

(I am using Eclipse RCP)

[Updated on: Wed, 16 February 2011 15:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: examples of cut/copy/paste of domain objects in TableViewer [message #654666 is a reply to message #654659] Wed, 16 February 2011 15:46 Go to previous message
Henno Vermeulen is currently offline Henno VermeulenFriend
Oops, my bad, of course this article from 2003 explains drag and drop and copy/paste.

Is this still current? Does anyone have good/bad experiences with using DND or copy/paste in TableViewers?
Previous Topic:Multiple ApplicationWindow-instances?
Next Topic:JFace Table: cell editing does not work when SWT.FULL_SELECTION is used
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:37:40 GMT 2024