Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » LTK: No default action starting Apply Script wizard?
LTK: No default action starting Apply Script wizard? [message #654652] Wed, 16 February 2011 15:16
Volker Stolz is currently offline Volker StolzFriend
Hi, I am working on EMF/UML models and thus not in the scope of JDT. I was wondering why apart from said JDT I can't find a hook/action that starts the Apply Script Refactoring wizard.

I have my own refactoring contributor (on EMF models), and it seems in Helios, I have to define the wizard extension invoking org.eclipse.ltk.internal.ui.refactoring.scripting.ApplyRefac toringScriptWizard by myself in my plugin.

Is this intentional or did I miss the default way of invoking the wizard? I understand that that mostly the JDT consumes refactoring support, but by making this option more prominent, more developers would be contributing refactorings in their domain.

I don't see any particular point in not exposing this wizard somewhere, unless it was a conscientious decision because it was the source of a lot of confusion

Cheers,
Volker
Previous Topic:UIJob hangs
Next Topic:Missing bin suffix at getCodeSource().getLocation()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:20:06 GMT 2024