Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Question about reader type
Question about reader type [message #654300] Tue, 15 February 2011 00:54 Go to next message
Paul Nguyen is currently offline Paul NguyenFriend
Hi all,

I have a job (called job1) successfully built a p2 site for the application and the next step it to have a different job (job2) to build and run junit tests for the application built by job1. On job2, I want to materialize the plugins from the p2 site created by job1. I am using p2 reader but it does not seem to work. I have tried local reader but it didn't work either.

So, my question is: what type of reader should I use to read a p2 site created by buckminster?

Thanks,

Paul.
Re: Question about reader type [message #654335 is a reply to message #654300] Tue, 15 February 2011 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Paul,

You should use the p2 reader type to read a p2 site regardless of who created that site. What does your provider
declaration look like?

- thomas

On 2011-02-15 01:54, Paul Nguyen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a job (called job1) successfully built a p2 site for the application and the next step it to have a different job
> (job2) to build and run junit tests for the application built by job1. On job2, I want to materialize the plugins from
> the p2 site created by job1. I am using p2 reader but it does not seem to work. I have tried local reader but it didn't
> work either.
>
> So, my question is: what type of reader should I use to read a p2 site created by buckminster?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul.
Re: Question about reader type [message #654470 is a reply to message #654335] Tue, 15 February 2011 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Nguyen is currently offline Paul NguyenFriend
Hi Thomas,

My rmap has this search path:

<searchPath name="mb.binary">
<provider readerType="p2"
componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature"
mutable="false" source="false">
<uri format="file:///{0}?importType=binary">
<bc:propertyRef key="mb.p2site" />
</uri>
</provider>
</searchPath>

and this locator for the above search path:
<locator searchPathRef="mb.binary" pattern="^com\.mycompany(\..+)?" failOnError="false" />

The import step seems to work but the buid step has lots of compile errors, below is an example:

Error: file C:\hudson\jobs\MBBuildTests\workspace\plugins\com.mycompany. license.test\src\test\java\com\mycompany\license\extensibili ty\TestKeyfileExtensionPoint.java, line 36: KeyfileExtensionManager cannot be resolved

If I removed the mb.binary locator, the import step gets both the application source code and the test source code from SVN (instead of materialize the application components from p2.site) and the build step ran fine.

Thanks,

Paul
Re: Question about reader type [message #654515 is a reply to message #654470] Wed, 16 February 2011 07:22 Go to previous message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Paul,

I can see two reasons for getting compile errors when you materialize binaries into the target platform instead of
source into the workspace. Either the binary isn't correctly assembled from start (incorrect classpath in manifest, bad
export declarations etc.), or your target platform isn't correctly setup when you materialize.

Your provider looks correct but you can remove the "?importType=binary" part. That's an old relic from the import reader
and it's not used by the p2 reader.

HTH,
- thomas

On 2011-02-15 23:32, Paul Nguyen wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> My rmap has this search path:
>
> <searchPath name="mb.binary">
> <provider readerType="p2" componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature"
> mutable="false" source="false">
> <uri format="file:///{0}?importType=binary"> <bc:propertyRef key="mb.p2site" />
> </uri>
> </provider>
> </searchPath>
>
> and this locator for the above search path:
> <locator searchPathRef="mb.binary" pattern="^com\.mycompany(\..+)?" failOnError="false" />
>
> The import step seems to work but the buid step has lots of compile errors, below is an example:
>
> Error: file C:\hudson\jobs\MBBuildTests\workspace\plugins\com.mycompany.
> license.test\src\test\java\com\mycompany\license\extensibili ty\TestKeyfileExtensionPoint.java, line 36:
> KeyfileExtensionManager cannot be resolved
>
> If I removed the mb.binary locator, the import step gets both the application source code and the test source code from
> SVN (instead of materialize the application components from p2.site) and the build step ran fine.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
Previous Topic:Buckminster reports error when assembling fragment
Next Topic:sp:repository set where?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:28:39 GMT 2024