Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » First time Eclipse PDT question
First time Eclipse PDT question [message #654294] Mon, 14 February 2011 23:35 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hello Cool

I just got Eclipse PDT installed and I am venturing into Zend Framework... So now I am entering into a new programming tool AND using a new programming framework Confused haha

Here is my question, I have already setup a few Eclipse test projects to screw around with... But now I have an example Zend project with an MVC structure that I am trying to open with Eclipse.

1) I tried to create a new project and point to my test Zend project folder and it says that "It can not create a project in workspace"

2) I thought I could out-smart Eclipse, and I copied my MVC structure into an existing project and re-opened my Eclipse project, and I can not find the MVC folders that should be there?

I am completely new and usually just write PHP code using phpDesigner and have never used a framework before or Eclipse.

How can I view my test Zend project in Eclipse so I can see the folders in the project? All i can see is "PHP Include Path" and :PHP Language Library" when i drop down the folder arrow.

Thanks!
Re: First time Eclipse PDT question [message #667295 is a reply to message #654294] Wed, 27 April 2011 21:49 Go to previous message
Alex Angelico is currently offline Alex AngelicoFriend
You shouldnt have any problem for opening the project.

Just select File -> New -> PHP Project

There you just give a name to the project and then select the "Create project at existing location (from existing source)" radiobutton.
Then the Browse button for selecting where the project is located, thats all.

The "I cannot create a project in workspace " its not because the Zend Framework, there is some problem with the workspace.

Try deleting the workspace, or changing it from preferences.
Maybe the files is locked, or you dont have permission.

Previous Topic:How to set server path correctly - beginner question
Next Topic:png files open in editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:47:32 GMT 2024