Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Text widget with CTRL+F search functionality
Text widget with CTRL+F search functionality [message #654139] Mon, 14 February 2011 10:57 Go to next message
Jakub Miszkurka is currently offline Jakub MiszkurkaFriend
Hi,

I've created org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text which contanis quite long text (log from execution of the computation process). Currently, when someone want to find any error or other specyfic string within the text box, he must copy text to the editor with CTRL+F search functionality.

Is is possible to provide this feature with Text widget ?

best regards,
JM
Re: Text widget with CTRL+F search functionality [message #656952 is a reply to message #654139] Tue, 01 March 2011 07:29 Go to previous message
Viorel Hojda is currently offline Viorel HojdaFriend
Hello.

I'm not quite sure of what you want to create, but as far as I understand you want to be able to SEARCH through a SWT Text using search behaviour like CTRL+F on Mozilla or whatever software. You can do that using the setSelection(int start,int end) method and it will select a portion of the Text.

If you want to have more control and be able to change colors and stuff then you have to use a org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText and there you can do anything you want, there are a lot of tutorials available.

I hope I understood your issue. If not, please explain again Razz
Previous Topic:Getting the active cell of a table
Next Topic:[Outlook Drop] Read bytes from an IStorage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:44:13 GMT 2024