Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Export Product problem(Problem in exporting 3rd party library in an RCP)
Export Product problem [message #654074] Mon, 14 February 2011 01:37 Go to next message
Patrick Philips is currently offline Patrick PhilipsFriend
Hi everyone,
I have an RCP application which is working fine (up until now !) which I need to integrate the Java3D libraries into.
I created a plug-in module for the libraries with a "New Plug-in from Existing JAR Archives". This worked well, the application and the product both worked fine from the Eclipse framework. However, when I tried to export the product as a stand alone RCP I got the following error :

'Export Product has encounterd a problem.
An error occured while collecting items to be installed.

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=profile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,Java3DLib,1.0.0.

I also get the following in the Error Log :
java.security.SignatureException: Either the manifest file or the signature file has been tampered in this jar: C:\Users\Patrick\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile65119142773 67065439.jar
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignatureBlockProces sor.verifyManifestAndSignatureFile(SignatureBlockProcessor.j ava:154)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignatureBlockProces sor.processSigner(SignatureBlockProcessor.java:104)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignatureBlockProces sor.process(SignatureBlockProcessor.java:60)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedBundleFile.set BundleFile(SignedBundleFile.java:47)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedBundleHook.get SignedContent(SignedBundleHook.java:247)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verifyContent(SignatureVerifier.java:77)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verify(SignatureVerifier.java:59)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.close(SignatureVerifier.java:100)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.reportStatus(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:906)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:510)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:576)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.getArtifact(MirrorRequest.java:248)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:223)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:179)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:115)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:565)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifacts(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:616)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.fetch (DownloadManager.java:88)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.start (DownloadManager.java:77)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect.comple tePhase(Collect.java:76)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.postPerform(Pha se.java:216)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.perform(Phase.j ava:84)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.PhaseSet.perform(Phas eSet.java:44)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine .java:73)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine .java:44)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:41)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:23)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.DirectorApplica tion.executePlan(DirectorApplication.java:575)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.DirectorApplica tion.planAndExecute(DirectorApplication.java:569)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.DirectorApplica tion.performProvisioningActions(DirectorApplication.java:556 )
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.DirectorApplica tion.run(DirectorApplication.java:807)
at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.ant.DirectorTask.execute (DirectorTask.java:79)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.j ava:288)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor323.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(Dispatch Utils.java:106)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.ja va:1337)
at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTarge ts(SingleCheckExecutor.java:38)
at org.eclipse.ant.internal.core.ant.EclipseSingleCheckExecutor .executeTargets(EclipseSingleCheckExecutor.java:30)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:118 9)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)
at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTarge ts(SingleCheckExecutor.java:38)
at org.eclipse.ant.internal.core.ant.EclipseSingleCheckExecutor .executeTargets(EclipseSingleCheckExecutor.java:30)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget. java:105)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306 )
at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(D efaultExecutor.java:41)
at org.eclipse.ant.internal.core.ant.EclipseDefaultExecutor.exe cuteTargets(EclipseDefaultExecutor.java:32)
at org.eclipse.ant.internal.core.ant.InternalAntRunner.run(Inte rnalAntRunner.java:662)
at org.eclipse.ant.internal.core.ant.InternalAntRunner.run(Inte rnalAntRunner.java:495)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ant.core.AntRunner.run(AntRunner.java:378)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.exports.FeatureExportOperation .runScript(FeatureExportOperation.java:424)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.exports.FeatureExportOperation .doExport(FeatureExportOperation.java:287)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.exports.ProductExportOperation .run(ProductExportOperation.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

I don't know if any of that last error log has any bearing on the problem, but if anyone can shed any light on what I am doing wrong or have missed I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2011 01:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Export Product problem [message #654175 is a reply to message #654074] Mon, 14 February 2011 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
This indicates something you are installing has a corrupted jar according to its signed manifest. My guess is that when you created a "New Plug-in from Existing JAR Archives" the original JAR you used was signed. You probably have some *.SF *.DSA or *.RSA files located in the META-INF/ folder of the project you created. The process of making the JAR into a bundle modified the MANIFEST.MF. Do according the the signed files (*.SF, *.DSA, *.RSA etc.) the manifest looks like it has been tampered with. I recommend you remove these files from your project, if they exist, and export the product again.

HTH

Tom.
Re: Export Product problem [message #654380 is a reply to message #654175] Tue, 15 February 2011 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Philips is currently offline Patrick PhilipsFriend
Hello Tom,
Yes that did the trick. Everything is working as expected now.

Thanks a lot for your help, I would have been banging my head against that one for days.

Patrick.
Re: Export Product problem [message #654391 is a reply to message #654074] Tue, 15 February 2011 14:54 Go to previous message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
I opened PDE bug to get this fixed in PDE https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=337221

Glad to hear you are working again.

Tom
Previous Topic:Problem with FrameworkLauncher on shared server
Next Topic:p2 UpdateOperation duplicate plugins and screw up installation details.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:38:04 GMT 2024