Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Inner node with fixed size and position, not draggable
icon5.gif  Inner node with fixed size and position, not draggable [message #653707] Thu, 10 February 2011 19:08
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hello everyone,

I need some advice on howto define some stuff:

1) Easy warm-up:
I have a simple rectangle node with a label inside. How do I get this text label centered (vertically and horizontally)?
The "flow layout" properties on the figure descriptor don't work (neither on the rectanlge, nor on the label itself), neither the "diagram label" facets.

2) Furthermore, it should be possible to add new nodes inside this rectangle node. Means, the user can create these new nodes inside the other one, and only there (from the tool palette). I've implemented the basics for those two figures (descriptors and the mapping). This is working fine.

Now the fancy stuff:
Remark: The "inner" nodes are rectangles only containing a label.

a) These inner label nodes should have a fixed size of 16x16 points and shouldn't be resizable.
"Default size facet" on the diagram label doesn't work, neither does preferred or max size on the rectangle or the label.

b) They should have a default and fixed position inside the "outer" rectangle.So they also must not not be draggable/moveable.

c) Most difficult part following:
Let's say the first "inner" node is positioned in the upper right corner on default. The next one should be positioned next to it ("automatically", fixed position), maybe with like 2px offset. The next one again next to this and so on, filling up the outer rectangle (not covering its label text, but even resizing with the set of inner nodes getting large... Confused )
Is this possible?

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with that!

Thanks & regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:remove default menu entry (like 'open file')
Next Topic:Reference graphical Elements from different diagrams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:29:53 GMT 2024