Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » organize Resources
organize Resources [message #652787] Sun, 06 February 2011 18:37 Go to next message
Emu  is currently offline Emu Friend
Hi,
im new to eclipse/java dev, so this prob may be easy to solve..

I have a project which i develop on two machines (Win7 / Ubuntu). The project has a lot of resources (images) which are stored in an seperate folder named "res/". I put this folder into the "bin/" directory created by eclipse (mistake..?), so that i have access to the them via URL ("/res/bla.png" for example) from the program.
Well, that works fine but after cloning (via hg) the project to the other computer i loose my "res/" folder after running the project the first time in eclipse. I think the reason is, that eclipse overrides the existing bin folder with its "own", new created "bin/" (with just the *.class- Data).
So here is my question:
How do i have to organize my res/ in eclipse so that i can access them easily from progam AND dont have to worry about loosing my data?

alternativly, is there a way to tell eclipse to use the exitisting bin folder without deleting it (and all the stuff in it)?

thank you in advance

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2011 18:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: organize Resources [message #652791 is a reply to message #652787] Sun, 06 February 2011 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

what abour creating a new source folder for your resources? right-click on project -> new -> Source Folder.

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: organize Resources [message #652796 is a reply to message #652787] Sun, 06 February 2011 20:36 Go to previous message
Emu  is currently offline Emu Friend
Wow, pretty fast! Thank you, sir, that totally solves my problem! (Quite easy Rolling Eyes )

regards
Previous Topic:How to run an Applet in a Website properly
Next Topic:how do I access a handler method from a view?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:56:52 GMT 2024