Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Problem debuggin PHP with Zend(the debug session could not be started etc.)
Problem debuggin PHP with Zend [message #652637] Fri, 04 February 2011 19:30 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I've looked through the forum but can't don't see a solution for this...any help?!?

I was running eclipse with a zend php debugger on my old laptop without a hitch. I was just running simple scripts outputting to the debug window, as I couldn't get the Debug as PHP Web Page feature to work.

I got a new windows 64 bit laptop and I installed eclipse-php-helios-SR1-win32-x86_64, from the eclipse website yesterday. I set my PHP executable path to a php.exe in a Zend Studio 8.0.0 folder. (Eclipse found this for me when hitting the "search" button.)

Under installed debuggers, a Zend debugger on Port 10000 shows up, along with XDebug on Port 9000.

I have tinkered for innumerable hours trying to get a simple debug to run, but keep getting....

the debug session could not be started please make sure that the debugger is properly configured an a php.ini directive.

Help?!?!?
Re: Problem debuggin PHP with Zend [message #653659 is a reply to message #652637] Thu, 10 February 2011 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Although I never figured out what exactly the problem with the ini file was, and never fixed that problem, when I downloaded the full PDT (which includes the Eclispe IDE) from the Zend (not eclipse) site, it installed and ran without a hitch. Here's the URL I downloaded it from,,,

http://www.zend.com/en/community/pdt.
Can't run PHP scripts at all [message #653999 is a reply to message #653659] Sat, 12 February 2011 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark is currently offline MarkFriend
It seems there are a number of similar threads about people having trouble running PHP scripts. None that I have come across have been answered (save this one, but I started with downloading and installing the OP's linked installer.

I'm VERY new to Eclipse and I'm using it to learn from a book about OOP in PHP. I can't for the life of me figure out how to view PHP scripts in a browser.

My project is located in an Eclipse Projects folder in My Documents. If I run one of the book's HTML files (also in the project folder) from Eclipse, my default browser opens and the page displays properly. But if I try to Run a PHP script - even a simple

<?php echo 'Hello, world!'; ?>

- it won't run.

If I select "run as a PHP script", a message window opens titled "Launch Error - Session Terminated" with the message "The session could not be started. In order to generate debug information, please make sure that the debugger is properly configured as a php.ini directive."

If I select "run as a PHP web page", another tab opens in Eclipse and I get the standard message when IE can't find a web page ("This program cannot display the webpage. Most likely causes: You are not connected to the Internet...") This makes sense because the tab's address bar is pointing to http://localhost/MyProject/filename.php, and that file isn't there - it's where I'm working on it: in the project folder in My Docs.

I have a WAMP server setup and running and I know that works, as I use that for Dreamweaver development, but I'm guessing I shouldn't have to work on my Eclipse project directly on the server.

It seems to me that the cause is because Eclipse is not deploying the file(s) in question to the server, hence the "file not found" error when I try to view the script as a web page. I must be missing some sort of setup area that would resolve this, but I can't figure it out. I've looked at the Run Configurations page, but again, I don't see how to fix this there.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if I'm not providing enough or the right information for you to help me. Let me know and I'll be glad to post more info!

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Re: Can't run PHP scripts at all [message #654000 is a reply to message #653999] Sat, 12 February 2011 18:03 Go to previous message
Mark is currently offline MarkFriend
Well, wouldn't you know it. As soon as I posted my reply I found a post that at least comes close to answering my question!

His answer, in part, reads: "The better way is to set sync as eclipse builder." But I don't understand this. What does he mean by "set sync as eclipse builder"?

Thanks!
Previous Topic:AutoComplete for Constants
Next Topic:start php app
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:24:05 GMT 2024