Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Questions Regarding EVL extension in order to navigate to workspace resource (Folder, File, etc)
Questions Regarding EVL extension in order to navigate to workspace resource (Folder, File, etc) [message #652318] Thu, 03 February 2011 15:06 Go to next message
saadbin abid is currently offline saadbin abidFriend
Hello Epsilon Community,
I am again working with Eugenia and EVL integration at the moment. I have few questions regarding applying constraints on model level and resource markers. At present I can apply constraints on the model and get error markers in the error markers. My question is as following

At present when I click to the error message in the error view I can go to the model view. I would like to navigate to resource in the workspace from the error marker in the error view.
Can I attach resource (i.e., file in the workspace) with the error marker by extending EVL?
Normally the EVL constraint structure is

context A{
constraints B{
check: .....

fix{

title :..........
do{.....
}

}
}
}
which parts of this structure should be extended in the EVL to achieve the above mentioned goal?

Many thanks
saad
Re: Questions Regarding EVL extension in order to navigate to workspace resource (Folder, File, etc) [message #652332 is a reply to message #652318] Thu, 03 February 2011 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Saad,

I'm not sure I fully understand your question but perhaps all you need is to click the "Link with Editor" toolbar button in the Navigator view so that when you double-click the marker the file also gets highlighted in the workspace tree?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Questions Regarding EVL extension in order to navigate to workspace resource (Folder, File, etc) [message #652340 is a reply to message #652332] Thu, 03 February 2011 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Dimitris,
Yes this is what I want to attain. If I create the marker I need to make a marker in the workspace IResource (File, Folder). For example if I created a model with a Node A and there is a class called A.java File in the workspace. If the marker is made on Node A in the model then there should be a marker made on the A.java in the workspace. and when I click the error marker detail in the error view in eclipse then it should take me to the file A.java in the workspace.
Many thanks
saad
Re: Questions Regarding EVL extension in order to navigate to workspace resource (Folder, File, etc) [message #652341 is a reply to message #652340] Thu, 03 February 2011 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

OK. So essentially you need to navigate to a different file than the one the error marker has been generated on. I'm afraid I can't be of much help with this... I'd suggest framing the question in a bit more generic way (i.e. without referring to models/EVL etc but only to files/markers) and trying one of the core platform forums...

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Questions Regarding EVL extension in order to navigate to workspace resource (Folder, File, etc) [message #652342 is a reply to message #652341] Thu, 03 February 2011 16:04 Go to previous message
Hello dimitris,
Thank you for your quick response. I'll try out there.
Many thanks,
saad
Previous Topic:[HUTN] Strings with fullstop?
Next Topic:[HUTN] Problem with EAnnotations from Ecore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:34:50 GMT 2024