Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts
ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #652310] Thu, 03 February 2011 14:42 Go to next message
David Gonzalez is currently offline David GonzalezFriend
Hey,

I've problem using my own generated p2 site for another buckminster build.

So, first I created Component A with all necessary plugins and features and called #site.p2 Action afterwards.

Now I want to create Component B (which needs Component A) and of course I don't want to create Component A again, I want to use the created one. So in the rmap i defined like this:

<rm:searchPath name="com.example">
    <rm:provider componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature" readerType="p2" source="false" mutable="false">
      <rm:uri format="file:///E:/test/p2"/>
    </rm:provider>
  </rm:searchPath>

The location to this p2 site is correct and the build works without any problems - until this happens:

Quote:
Provider eclipse.import(file:///E:/test/p2): materializing to E:/.hudson/jobs/xslteditor/workspace/plugins/com.example.com mon.exporter/
Provider eclipse.import(file:///E:/test/p2): materializing to E:/.hudson/jobs/xslteditor/workspace/plugins/com.example.com mon.img/
Provider eclipse.import(file:///E:/test/p2): materializing to E:/.hudson/jobs/xslteditor/workspace/plugins/com.example.com mon.xslttransformer/
Provider eclipse.import(file:///E:/test/p2): materializing to E:/.hudson/jobs/xslteditor/workspace/features/com.example.co mmon.feature/
ERROR [0003] : IU com.example.common.feature.feature.group/4.0.30000.00145 has no artifacts
ERROR: IU com.example.common.feature.feature.group/4.0.30000.00145 has no artifacts

What does this mean, "IU has no artifacts"? And why does this error appear at the end of the process?

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I use Buckminster plugin in Hudson.

Let me know if you need more log or other stuff.

Greets

[Updated on: Thu, 03 February 2011 14:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #652923 is a reply to message #652310] Mon, 07 February 2011 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No idea what this error could mean?

Is it possible that I do something wrong when building the p2 repo? I just call the #site.p2 action and afterwards mirror it with Ant p2 tasks to another repository. But it doesn't matter if I use the original path of the p2 site or the one of the new repo - the same error.

By the way - is there any document where I can see what error-code (or whatever it means) [0003] means? In another thread someone had a similar problem, but error-code [0002] - where is the difference?

[Updated on: Mon, 07 February 2011 16:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #652927 is a reply to message #652923] Mon, 07 February 2011 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Utzig is currently offline Johannes UtzigFriend
Am 07.02.2011 17:04, schrieb Gonzo:
> No idea what this error could mean?
Hi,

I've never seen this error before, but it sounds as if the
com.example.common.feature would be empty. Have you tried inspecting the
repository with a tool like the b3 aggregator?

Do the plugins/fragments and included features as defined in the
feature.xml of the build result of com.example.common.feature look
correct to you?

Best regards,
Johannes
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #654117 is a reply to message #652927] Mon, 14 February 2011 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Utzig wrote on Mon, 07 February 2011 17:21
Am 07.02.2011 17:04, schrieb Gonzo:
> No idea what this error could mean?
Hi,

I've never seen this error before, but it sounds as if the
com.example.common.feature would be empty. Have you tried inspecting the
repository with a tool like the b3 aggregator?

Yes I opened an existing b3aggr-File and added a new mapped repo. Worked without problems. Of course mirroring with b3 aggregator wouldn't work for this repo because the dependencies to Eclipse plugins are not in this repo. But that's what I want. A repository with only "my" plugins and without any Eclipse plugins. Buckminster should get those plugins in another way, e.g. from the Eclipse Update Site, and that is managed in my rmap.

Johannes Utzig wrote on Mon, 07 February 2011 17:21
Do the plugins/fragments and included features as defined in the
feature.xml of the build result of com.example.common.feature look
correct to you?

Looks fine and I am able to install this feature in my Eclipse by using this generated p2 site. That's why I don't understand Buckminsters problems in this case.

Greets
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #655058 is a reply to message #652310] Fri, 18 February 2011 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

is there nobody that knows what this error means?

Probably I got to search for this error code in the source code on my own, but I don't know where to start.. And it's a bit frustrating that some cases seem to be unknown and not documented.

Anyway, unfortunately Buckminster generates not enough output to understand what exactly the problem is (as well with log-level "debug").

Greets
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #655079 is a reply to message #655058] Fri, 18 February 2011 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
On 2011-02-18 09:16, Gonzo wrote:
> Hey,
>
> is there nobody that knows what this error means?
>
The error comes from the "eclipse.import" reader type. It's deprecated (replaced by the p2 reader type) and shouldn't
normally be used. What version of Buckminster are you using? Is there any entry for readerType="eclipse.import" in your
RMAP?

- thomas
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #655084 is a reply to message #655079] Fri, 18 February 2011 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply!

Thomas Hallgren wrote on Fri, 18 February 2011 10:18

The error comes from the "eclipse.import" reader type. It's deprecated (replaced by the p2 reader type) and shouldn't
normally be used. What version of Buckminster are you using?

I use Buckminster 3.6

Thomas Hallgren wrote on Fri, 18 February 2011 10:18
Is there any entry for readerType="eclipse.import" in your
RMAP?

No, I use p2 reader. Here the whole RMAP (perhaps there is another problem?):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rm:rmap xmlns:bc="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/Common-1.0" xmlns:rm="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/RMap-1.0">
  <rm:property key="use.build" value="RBUILD"/>
  <rm:locator pattern="^com\.example\.xslteditor(\..+)?" searchPathRef="com.example.xslteditor"/>
  <rm:locator pattern="^com\.example(\..+)?" searchPathRef="com.example"/>
  <rm:locator searchPathRef="org.eclipse.platform" failOnError="false"/>
  <rm:locator searchPathRef="org.eclipse.galileo"/>
  <rm:searchPath name="com.example.xslteditor">
    <rm:provider componentTypes="eclipse.feature,osgi.bundle" readerType="svn" mutable="false">
      <rm:uri format="https://{0}:{1}@{2}/path/to/common/xslteditor/trunk/{3}">
        <bc:propertyRef key="svn.user"/>
        <bc:propertyRef key="svn.password"/>
        <bc:propertyRef key="svn.address"/>
        <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
      </rm:uri>
  <rm:searchPath name="com.example">
    <rm:provider componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature" readerType="p2" source="false" mutable="false">
      <rm:uri format="file:///E:/test/p2"/>
  <rm:searchPath name="org.eclipse.platform">
      <rm:uri format="http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.5"/>
  <rm:searchPath name="org.eclipse.galileo">
      <rm:uri format="http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo"/>
</rm:rmap>
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #655102 is a reply to message #655084] Fri, 18 February 2011 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 2011-02-18 10:51, Gonzo wrote:
> Thanks for your reply!
>
> Thomas Hallgren wrote on Fri, 18 February 2011 10:18
>> The error comes from the "eclipse.import" reader type. It's deprecated (replaced by the p2 reader type) and shouldn't
>> normally be used. What version of Buckminster are you using?
>
>
> I use Buckminster 3.6
>
>
> Thomas Hallgren wrote on Fri, 18 February 2011 10:18
>> Is there any entry for readerType="eclipse.import" in your RMAP?
>
>
> No, I use p2 reader. Here the whole RMAP (perhaps there is another problem?):
>
Do you have an MSPEC where you redirect binaries into the workspace instead of to a target platform?

- thomas
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #655105 is a reply to message #655102] Fri, 18 February 2011 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren wrote on Fri, 18 February 2011 11:17

Do you have an MSPEC where you redirect binaries into the workspace instead of to a target platform?

- thomas

Yep:

<mspec:mspec xmlns:mspec="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/MetaData-1.0" name="com.example.xslteditor.releng" url="xslteditor.cquery">
  <mspec:mspecNode materializer="workspace" namePattern="^com\.example(\..+)?"/>
  <mspec:mspecNode namePattern=".*"/>
</mspec:mspec>

All of "my" Plug-Ins should go to the workspace, all others (especially Eclipse Plug-Ins) should go to the target platform. No problems with that, works as expected.
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #655113 is a reply to message #655105] Fri, 18 February 2011 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 2011-02-18 11:48, Gonzo wrote:
> Thomas Hallgren wrote on Fri, 18 February 2011 11:17
>> Do you have an MSPEC where you redirect binaries into the workspace instead of to a target platform?
>>
>> - thomas
>
>
> Yep:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <mspec:mspec xmlns:mspec="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/MetaData-1.0" name="com.example.xslteditor.releng"
> url="xslteditor.cquery">
> <mspec:mspecNode materializer="workspace" namePattern="^com\.example(\..+)?"/>
> <mspec:mspecNode namePattern=".*"/>
> </mspec:mspec>
>
>
> All of "my" Plug-Ins should go to the workspace, all others (especially Eclipse Plug-Ins) should go to the target
> platform.

Sounds good. But that's not what your MSPEC does.

> No problems with that, works as expected.

Obviously it doesn't. Your com.example stuff from E:\test\p2 that is fetched using p2 also ends up in your workspace.
That's your problem right there. The easiest way to resolve this is to simply remove the mspec and rely on the defaults.
All providers marked source="true" will end up in the workspace, all others in the TP.

Alternatively, you can alter your mspec to reflect the defaults. Note the lack of namePattern:

<mspec:mspec xmlns:mspec="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/MetaData-1.0" materializer="p2"
name="com.example.xslteditor.releng" url="xslteditor.cquery">
<mspec:mspecNode materializer="workspace" filter="(buckminster.source=true)"/>
</mspec:mspec>

HTH,
- thomas
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #655119 is a reply to message #655113] Fri, 18 February 2011 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren wrote on Fri, 18 February 2011 12:36
Obviously it doesn't. Your com.example stuff from E:\test\p2 that is fetched using p2 also ends up in your workspace.
That's your problem right there. The easiest way to resolve this is to simply remove the mspec and rely on the defaults.
All providers marked source="true" will end up in the workspace, all others in the TP.

Well. I don't understand what the "problem" is here. I do want to have the Plug-Ins from the p2 in my workspace. If they are not, a lot of errors occure because of missing imports and so on. And the next point: and don't want to have my Plug-Ins to end up in the target platform. Even not those ones coming from the p2 repo. Only Eclipse Plug-Ins (and Plug-Ins from others).

To explain why I do this. Component A (something like common here) is built and afterwards stored in the p2 repo. Component B (like xslteditor) needs Component A to build and I don't want B to build A again, so B fetches A from the repo. But to be able to build, A has to be in the workspace.
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #655134 is a reply to message #655119] Fri, 18 February 2011 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 2011-02-18 13:05, Gonzo wrote:
> Thomas Hallgren wrote on Fri, 18 February 2011 12:36
>> Obviously it doesn't. Your com.example stuff from E:\test\p2 that is fetched using p2 also ends up in your workspace.
>> That's your problem right there. The easiest way to resolve this is to simply remove the mspec and rely on the
>> defaults. All providers marked source="true" will end up in the workspace, all others in the TP.
>
>
> Well. I don't understand what the "problem" is here. I do want to have the Plug-Ins from the p2 in my workspace. If they
> are not, a lot of errors occure because of missing imports and so on.

In that case you have a problem with how your target platform is configured. There's absolutely no reason to have a
compiled binary in your workspace.

> And the next point: and don't want to have my
> Plug-Ins to end up in the target platform. Even not those ones coming from the p2 repo. Only Eclipse Plug-Ins (and
> Plug-Ins from others).
>
Why?

> To explain why I do this. Component A (something like common here) is built and afterwards stored in the p2 repo.
> Component B (like xslteditor) needs Component A to build and I don't want B to build A again, so B fetches A from the
> repo. But to be able to build, A has to be in the workspace.

No, A does not need to be in the workspace. The workspace is for source code, not binaries. Binaries should go into your
target platform.

HTH,
- thomas
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #655146 is a reply to message #655134] Fri, 18 February 2011 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I think I got the next step to understand this! Thank you!

Thomas Hallgren wrote on Fri, 18 February 2011 13:58
> And the next point: and don't want to have my
> Plug-Ins to end up in the target platform. Even not those ones coming from the p2 repo. Only Eclipse Plug-Ins (and
> Plug-Ins from others).
>
Why?

Well, my target platform would grow bigger and bigger if I had my own Plug-Ins in it. And additionally I'm not sure if the target platform is the place to keep several versions of my Plug-Ins. If I would do like this, I guess I have to adjust my CQUERY.

Anyhow, I tried again with Buckminster 3.6 defaults and didn't use the MSPEC this time. The error I get seems as if the jaxen lib is not on the classpath. It should be in a Plug-In in Component A:

Quote:

INFO: setpref 'targetPlatformPath=/E:/.hudson/jobs/Target Platform (Eclipse v3.5)/builds/2011-02-17_14-02-35/archive//targetPlatform'
INFO: import '/E:/.hudson/jobs/com.example.xslteditor_TRUNK_Eclipse3.5/wo rkspace/com.example.xslteditor.releng/xslteditor.cquery'
INFO: Resetting target platform Directory /E:/.hudson/jobs/Target Platform (Eclipse v3.5)/builds/2011-02-17_14-02-35/archive//targetPlatform
INFO: Import complete.
INFO: build
Error: file E:\.hudson\jobs\com.example.xslteditor_TRUNK_Eclipse3.5\work space\plugins\com.example.xslteditor.core\src\com\example\xs lteditor\core\validators\XPathValidator.java, line 9: The import org.jaxen cannot be resolved

And afterwards many errors like this one occur, I guess they are all because of that jaxen lib.
I wonder why this happens because the import was successful, my Plug-Ins ended in the target platform but something seems to be wrong - any suggestions what could be wrong now?

Greets
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #655163 is a reply to message #655146] Fri, 18 February 2011 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 2011-02-18 14:50, Gonzo wrote:

> I wonder why this happens because the import was successful, my Plug-Ins ended in the target platform but something
> seems to be wrong - any suggestions what could be wrong now?
>
> Greets

Well, the first thing to check is if the jaxen lib really is there. Is it an OSGi bundle? If so, can you find it in your
TP? Or should it reside inside of Plug-In A? If it's the latter, is it really there? Did you really mark it for
inclusion in your build.properties? Check if there's a check-mark in front of it in your manifest editor.

- thomas
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #655166 is a reply to message #652310] Fri, 18 February 2011 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my target platform is an osgi bundle called 'com.example.common.external_4.0.30000.00145.jar'. Inside this jar there is a folder META-INF with following MANIFEST.MF:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.1
Created-By: 14.3-b01 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Export-Package: org.dom4j,org.dom4j.io,org.jaxen,org.jaxen.dom,org.jax
 en.dom4j,org.jaxen.expr,org.jaxen.expr.iter,org.jaxen.function,org.ja
 xen.jdom,org.jaxen.pattern,org.jaxen.saxpath,org.jaxen.saxpath.helper
 s,org.jaxen.util
Bundle-Vendor: Example
Bundle-ClassPath: lib/dom4j-1.6.1.jar,.,lib/jaxen-1.1.1.jar
Bundle-Version: 4.0.30000.00145
Bundle-Name: External Libs
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-SymbolicName: com.example.common.external
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6

And there is a folder 'lib' with 'dom4j-1.6.1.jar' and 'jaxen-1.1.1.jar' in it. So of course it's marked in the build.properties.
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #655175 is a reply to message #655166] Fri, 18 February 2011 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 2011-02-18 15:35, Gonzo wrote:
> In my target platform is an osgi bundle called 'com.example.common.external_4.0.30000.00145.jar'. Inside this jar there
> is a folder META-INF with following MANIFEST.MF:
>
>
> Manifest-Version: 1.0
> Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.1
> Created-By: 14.3-b01 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
> Export-Package: org.dom4j,org.dom4j.io,org.jaxen,org.jaxen.dom,org.jax
> en.dom4j,org.jaxen.expr,org.jaxen.expr.iter,org.jaxen.functi on,org.ja
> xen.jdom,org.jaxen.pattern,org.jaxen.saxpath,org.jaxen.saxpa th.helper
> s,org.jaxen.util
> Bundle-Vendor: Example
> Bundle-ClassPath: lib/dom4j-1.6.1.jar,.,lib/jaxen-1.1.1.jar
> Bundle-Version: 4.0.30000.00145
> Bundle-Name: External Libs
> Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
> Bundle-SymbolicName: com.example.common.external
> Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6
>
>
> And there is a folder 'lib' with 'dom4j-1.6.1.jar' and 'jaxen-1.1.1.jar' in it. So of course it's marked in the
> build.properties.

OK, in that case the packages are on the classpath. But apparently the compiler doesn't see them, so something is amiss.

- thomas
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #655185 is a reply to message #655175] Fri, 18 February 2011 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren wrote on Fri, 18 February 2011 15:42

OK, in that case the packages are on the classpath. But apparently the compiler doesn't see them, so something is amiss.

- thomas

Oh, that's bad news Confused Thanks anyway! I'll keep on trying to solve this problem.
Re: ERROR [0003] : IU * has no artifacts [message #655531 is a reply to message #652310] Mon, 21 February 2011 15:55 Go to previous message
Hey,

I think I solved this problem!

First suggestion of Thomas was right, my own binary Plug-Ins shouldn't be in workspace.

The second step was to find out why some external libs couldn't be found. It is quite a simple problem. Those libs are (as described before) in a jar-file in my target platform. For any reason they are not on the classpath. But it's possible to make them visible if they are unpacked. So I just checked "Unpack the plug-in archive after installation" in my feature.xml and that's it.

I've one last question to this topic. I guess I understand buckminster much better than before and now I wonder if it's possible that buckminster uses plug-ins outside workspace or target platform. Is it possible to store plug-ins for a build in a local folder, e.g. c:\bucky\temp, and to clear this folder after the build finished? I understand why buckminster can not use plug-ins from repos. But from local filesystem? Would be great, so I don't have to put my plug-ins to target platform (and not to workspace where they shouldn't be).

Greets
Previous Topic:junit command does not show UI
Next Topic:Git Manifestation and EGit updating
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:35:17 GMT 2024