Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » StructuredTextEditor not showing Validation markers in RCP
StructuredTextEditor not showing Validation markers in RCP [message #651910] Wed, 02 February 2011 03:48 Go to next message
John Bradley is currently offline John BradleyFriend
I've created a Multi View plugin example and converted it to a StructuredTextEditor with XML/XSD validation working as expected.. but for the life of me I cannot get the same to work for my own StructuredTextEditor.

All the required dependency plugins seems to present (that are in the Multi test).. is there something different between the RCP and IDE platform that I'm not taking into account?

The main difference is the multi test used files stored in the project/workspace while mine uses EFS to pull in a file from outside the workspace. Perhaps the StructuredTextEditor will not (or without additional configuration) annotate files using FileStoreEditorInput?

If any more information is required (plugins, source, etc.) I'd be happy to provide it.

Regards,
John

Re: StructuredTextEditor not showing Validation markers in RCP [message #651922 is a reply to message #651910] Wed, 02 February 2011 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Yes, an example plug-in would help immensely. When you say from outside the workspace, is it still on a local filesystem?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 02 February 2011 05:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: StructuredTextEditor not showing Validation markers in RCP [message #654726 is a reply to message #651922] Wed, 16 February 2011 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I've opened bug 337132 as it turns out this is a limitation in the delegating source validation framework.

http://bugs.eclipse.org/337132

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: StructuredTextEditor not showing Validation markers in RCP [message #654732 is a reply to message #654726] Wed, 16 February 2011 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Bradley is currently offline John BradleyFriend
Ah! A thousand apologies for missing this! I had actually created an example but forgot to post it up here!

I'm totally indebted to you in following up on this. I truly appreciate it!

Regards,
John
Re: StructuredTextEditor not showing Validation markers in RCP [message #728213 is a reply to message #651910] Thu, 22 September 2011 18:14 Go to previous message
Roger  is currently offline Roger Friend
I'm desperately trying to figure out how to make a StructuredTextEditor (which will always and only edit XML) provide XML code completion via an existing XSD file

if you have any example code that does this, it would be *amazingly helpful* if you posted it Smile

Thanks!
Previous Topic:Eclipse + Tomcat : where to store large external resources ?
Next Topic:IWAB0489E Error when deploying Web service to Axis
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:54:08 GMT 2024