Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Push from JGit->JGit "push not permitted"
Push from JGit->JGit "push not permitted" [message #651625] Mon, 31 January 2011 23:19 Go to next message
Roland Schulz is currently offline Roland SchulzFriend
Hi,

I can successfully use JGit to push to GIT, GIT to JGit and GIT to GIT. Thus the following three commands work:

sh org.eclipse.jgit.pgm-0.10.1.sh push --receive-pack=/path/to/git-receive-pack host:path ref
git push --receive-pack= "sh org.eclipse.jgit.pgm-0.10.1.sh receive-pack" host:path ref
git push --receive-pack=/path/to/git-receive-pack host:path ref

But if I try to push from JGit to JGit using
sh org.eclipse.jgit.pgm-0.10.1.sh push --receive-pack "sh org.eclipse.jgit.pgm-0.10.1.sh receive-pack" host:path ref

I get:
org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.JGitInternalException: Exception caught during execution of push command
at org.eclipse.jgit.api.PushCommand.call(PushCommand.java:148)
at org.eclipse.jgit.pgm.Push.run(Push.java:123)
at org.eclipse.jgit.pgm.TextBuiltin.execute(TextBuiltin.java:13 9)
at org.eclipse.jgit.pgm.Main.execute(Main.java:191)
at org.eclipse.jgit.pgm.Main.run(Main.java:120)
at org.eclipse.jgit.pgm.Main.main(Main.java:94)
Caused by: org.eclipse.jgit.errors.TransportException: carver:download/gromacs.threading: push not permitted
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.BasePackPushConnection.noReposito ry(BasePackPushConnection.java:149)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.BasePackConnection.readAdvertised RefsImpl(BasePackConnection.java:198)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.BasePackConnection.readAdvertised Refs(BasePackConnection.java:176)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportGitSsh$SshPushConnection . <init>(TransportGitSsh.java:468)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportGitSsh.openPush(Transpor tGitSsh.java:109)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.PushProcess.execute(PushProcess.j ava:130)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.Transport.push(Transport.java:962 )
at org.eclipse.jgit.api.PushCommand.call(PushCommand.java:144)
... 5 more

Am I doing something wrong or is this something which should work and should I file a bug report?
Re: Push from JGit->JGit "push not permitted" [message #807701 is a reply to message #651625] Sun, 26 February 2012 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nejat E. is currently offline Nejat E.Friend
Hi Roland,

could you solve that problem? I do have the same troubles Sad

regards,
Nejat
Re: Push from JGit->JGit "push not permitted" [message #819658 is a reply to message #651625] Tue, 13 March 2012 07:04 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
try the following commands:
./org.eclipse.jgit.pgm-0.10.1.sh push host:path srcRef:dstRef

Can you push using native git ?
git push host:path srcRef:dstRef

Why do you use 0.10.1 which is pretty old ?
Did you also try with 1.3 or 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT ?

You can always download the latest release from http://www.eclipse.org/jgit/download/
Previous Topic:stash
Next Topic:branch.master.merge key for pull
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:18:49 GMT 2024