Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » setting org.eclipse.wst.xsl.jaxp.launching.ATTR_TRANSFORMER_FACTORY in the xsl launch configuration(I suspect a bug in eclipse)
setting org.eclipse.wst.xsl.jaxp.launching.ATTR_TRANSFORMER_FACTORY in the xsl launch configuration [message #651599] Mon, 31 January 2011 20:11 Go to next message
Cornelia Davis is currently offline Cornelia DavisFriend
I am using Galileo with WTP for editing xml, xslt and applying xslt transformations. Recently I had a need to use xslt 2.0 so obtained Saxon - in particular, from some other discussions individuals reported success with Saxon-b which I downloaded from http://saxon.sourceforge.net/.

I've installed the Saxon-B processor with Windows->Preferences->XML->XSL->Java Processors - adding a processor that points to the saxon9.jar file and then set up the run configuration for my transformation to use this processor. I get an error message that says:

Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl not found

Of course this is not found because in the saxon9.jar the factory impl is in net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.

Looking at the launch configuration file that is created I see the following line:

<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.wst.xsl.jaxp.launching.ATTR_TRANSFORMER_FACTORY " value="com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>

So where is eclipse getting that value? I've dug through the saxon9.jar file and in the META-INF/services/javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory find the value

net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl

So why is eclipse still using the com.icl.saxon value and where the heck does it come from?

BTW, if I change the launch.xml file to read

<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.wst.xsl.jaxp.launching.ATTR_TRANSFORMER_FACTORY " value="net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>

and restart eclipse then everything runs fine. Of course, any time I change the launch config in eclipse the bad value is written again.
Re: setting org.eclipse.wst.xsl.jaxp.launching.ATTR_TRANSFORMER_FACTORY in the xsl launch configurat [message #697588 is a reply to message #651599] Sun, 17 July 2011 10:13 Go to previous message
Alexey Morozov is currently offline Alexey MorozovFriend
I found that Eclipse Saxon Plugin (shipped with my Linux Indigo distribution as plugins/org.eclipse.wst.xsl.saxon_1.0.200.v201103081922.jar) contains file plugin.xml with the following contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?eclipse version="3.2"?>
<plugin>
<extension
point="org.eclipse.wst.xsl.jaxp.launching.processorType">
<processorType
attributeProperties="SaxonAttributes.properties"
id="org.eclipse.wst.xsl.saxon_1_0.processorType"
label="%processorType.label.1"
outputProperties="SaxonOutputProperties.properties">
<transformerFactory
factoryClass="com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"
name="%transformerFactorySaxon6">
</transformerFactory>
</processorType>
<processorType
attributeProperties="SaxonAttributes.properties"
id="org.eclipse.wst.xsl.saxon.processorType"
label="%processorType.label.0"
outputProperties="SaxonOutputProperties.properties">
<transformerFactory
factoryClass="net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"
name="%transformerSaxonXSLT2">
</transformerFactory>
</processorType>
</extension>

</plugin>

So, I guess, the problem is that incorrect processor type is chosen. As I have just figured, that happened because I chose Saxon (XSLT 1.0) in the properties of the processor upon creation. When I re-created the processor definition using appropriate processor type, everything got fixed.

[Updated on: Sun, 17 July 2011 10:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:WTP XML Editor in a RCP Application
Next Topic:new context to template editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:26:50 GMT 2024