Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Display containment through link
Display containment through link [message #651393] Sun, 30 January 2011 11:09 Go to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

I have two nodes (A and B) A is having a reference to B. This reference is set containment true. I only know how to display B inside A, but not how to make the containmen visible by drawing a line. Here is a Example:

-------         A.containment      ------
|Node A| -----------------------> |Node B|
-------                            ------

When I define a link on the containment using the target feature I cannot start drawing a line from A to B.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Ralph
Re: Display containment through link [message #651478 is a reply to message #651393] Mon, 31 January 2011 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Romain Bioteau is currently offline Romain BioteauFriend
Hello Raplh,
I think there is a semantic issue in what you are trying to achieve. The ecore containment can't be map directly with your "domain" containment.
You should create a ContainmentConnection object in your domain to represent your containment relationship and map it to Connection figure.

Hope that it's clear enough
Romain

R&D Engineer at BonitaSoft
Re: Display containment through link [message #651705 is a reply to message #651478] Tue, 01 February 2011 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Romain,

adding an extra meta model element is what I wanted to get around. Is there no way to do this by children/containment feature? I could not find a good description of those two. I have also seen, that there is a way to affix containments outside of a container but could not find any documentation, too.

Ralph
Re: Display containment through link [message #651892 is a reply to message #651393] Tue, 01 February 2011 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

Quote:

affix containments outside of a container

Are you talking about boundary items?

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Re: Display containment through link [message #651990 is a reply to message #651892] Wed, 02 February 2011 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I have seen this tutorial: http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/doc/articles/eugenia-affi xed-nodes/ . I do not know how to do this with GMF. Would it be possible to have this with a line between the outer element and the container? Maybo border items would solve my problem. My use case would be something like having a UML Class and displaying the methods and fields outside of the class. I think border items would be great as they are deleted together with the containing node. How could I realize such a thing?

Thanks!!

Ralph
Re: Display containment through link [message #659693 is a reply to message #651990] Tue, 15 March 2011 09:38 Go to previous message
Hi Ralph,

it looks like phantom nodes are exactly what you need: http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/doc/articles/eugenia-phan tom-nodes/

Ralph
Previous Topic:modify pop up menu in canvas
Next Topic:Finding difficulties to open a GMF editor from another GMF editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:47:09 GMT 2024