Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Apply stereotypes to InstanceSpecification(Question about stereotypes)
Apply stereotypes to InstanceSpecification [message #650990] Thu, 27 January 2011 11:54 Go to next message
By-tor is currently offline By-torFriend
Hello.
How I can apply a stereotype to an InstanceSpecification?

Thankyou
Re: Apply stereotypes to InstanceSpecification [message #650995 is a reply to message #650990] Thu, 27 January 2011 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi,

you can select the instance specification in the model explorer or any diagram where it is displayed.
Then; go to the Property View (if not present, use the Papyrus perspective or the 'Show Property View' action on the contextual menu of a diagram.)
In the property view, select the tab "profile". You can there apply the stereotype you want to apply.

HTH
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: Apply stereotypes to InstanceSpecification [message #651012 is a reply to message #650990] Thu, 27 January 2011 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw, but in that menù I can't see the stereotype I create
Re: Apply stereotypes to InstanceSpecification [message #651048 is a reply to message #651012] Thu, 27 January 2011 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The profile should be apply on your model:
Select the root model in your model explorer, and in the same profile tab, you have a section "Applied Profile", where you can apply your profile.
Once your profile is applied, you should be able to apply your stereotype on your instance specification.

HTH
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Re: Apply stereotypes to InstanceSpecification [message #651328 is a reply to message #650990] Sat, 29 January 2011 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have create an empty profile, I have create a Stereotype inside it, Then I have create an Empty model. Inside this empty model I have create a new model, add my profile to the applied Profile and then I have create an Instance specification inside this last model.
I still can't see my Stereotype.

Why?

Thank you
Re: Apply stereotypes to InstanceSpecification [message #651667 is a reply to message #650990] Tue, 01 February 2011 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there any tutorial that I can follow to solve my problems?
Re: Apply stereotypes to InstanceSpecification [message #651672 is a reply to message #651667] Tue, 01 February 2011 08:22 Go to previous message
Hi,

you will find some documentation about profiles on the first document located in the documentation area of Papyrus web site: http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/usersTutorials/u sersTutorialsIndex.php

According to your explanation, it seems that your stereotype does not extends the InstanceSpecification metaclass. For this, when you model your profile, you should select the "import metaclass" tool in the palette and click on the diagram. In the dialog that opens, select the InstanceSpecification and add it to the right side of the dialog.
Then create an extension link starting from your stereotype and targeting the metaclass InstanceSpecification. Then save the profile and answer yes when it asks for definition.
Once you have done this, you apply this profile on your model. This should give you access to your stereotype on instance specifications.

HTH
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Previous Topic:class diagram from java via modisco
Next Topic:Papyrus save notification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:12:08 GMT 2024