Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Fragment is unable to resolve a class in host
Fragment is unable to resolve a class in host [message #650619] Tue, 25 January 2011 17:58 Go to next message
Paul Nguyen is currently offline Paul NguyenFriend
Hi,

I am currently use cruise control, ant, and perl script to build the system and I am trying to switch to Hudson and Buckminster and so far I am able to build some subsystems nicely.

But I have a problem. On one sub-system, I have a plugin defines an interface and a bunch of fragment implement the interface for all the supported platforms. Buckminster import all the fragments from SVN but at the build step, except for the fragment on the running platform, all other fragments are unable to resolve the interface defined in the host. So, the buckmister build step fails.

Please not that in each of the fragment, we use Bundle-NativeCode and Eclipse-PlatformFilter to select the correct fragment for the target platform.

Can anyone give me the idea on solving this issue?

Thanks,

Paul
Re: Fragment is unable to resolve a class in host [message #650659 is a reply to message #650619] Tue, 25 January 2011 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Utzig is currently offline Johannes UtzigFriend
Hi Paul,
>
> Please not that in each of the fragment, we use Bundle-NativeCode and
> Eclipse-PlatformFilter to select the correct fragment for the target
> platform.
>

For Cross-Platform builds you usually need to work with a platform
agnostic target platform.
If your target platform is defined by a .target file you can set that
directly in the 'environment' section inside the target definition editor.
If you do not use a target definition file you can work with the
buckminster setpref command and change targetWS, targetOS and targetArch
to '*'

Best regards,
Johannes
Re: Fragment is unable to resolve a class in host [message #651633 is a reply to message #650659] Mon, 31 January 2011 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Johannes,

Thank you for your help. Sorry for the delay on the response as I was away for a few days.

My target platform is defined by a .target file. After setting os, ws and arch to *, I was able to generate all jars for all plugins including the plugins that are targeting the running platform.

Thanks again.

Paul
Re: Fragment is unable to resolve a class in host [message #651902 is a reply to message #651633] Wed, 02 February 2011 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got some updates...

After removing Hudson's workspace, the same errors came back.

So, I have to do run a build for the 'running platform' with os=win32, ws=win32, arch=x86_64 options on the target platform file and the buckminster.properties file.

Once the initial build above ran successfully, the next build with os=*, ws=* and arch=* (on both target file and buckminster.properties file) also ran successfully.

It seems strange but at least it works.

Thanks,

Paul.
Re: Fragment is unable to resolve a class in host [message #652396 is a reply to message #651902] Thu, 03 February 2011 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philip Borlin is currently offline Philip BorlinFriend
Paul Nguyen wrote on Tue, 01 February 2011 19:07

After removing Hudson's workspace, the same errors came back.

So, I have to do run a build for the 'running platform' with os=win32, ws=win32, arch=x86_64 options on the target platform file and the buckminster.properties file.

Once the initial build above ran successfully, the next build with os=*, ws=* and arch=* (on both target file and buckminster.properties file) also ran successfully.

I have the same problem when I clear my Hudson workspace. I just run the build twice (both times I use os=*, ws=* and arch=*) and the second build works as expected.
Re: Fragment is unable to resolve a class in host [message #652727 is a reply to message #652396] Sat, 05 February 2011 22:09 Go to previous message
Hi Philip,

You are right. The second build works with both times having os=*, ws=* and arch=*. This is great since I don't have to change the target.platform and buckminster.properties files everytime I clear my workspace.

Thanks,

Paul
Previous Topic:Buckminster not picking up target platform?
Next Topic:Build a product without doing site.p2?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:32:23 GMT 2024