Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » JSP / XHTML pages open extremely slow
JSP / XHTML pages open extremely slow [message #650508] Tue, 25 January 2011 11:07 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi!

I have problems opening JSP and XHTML files. When choosing a JSP file from the "Open ressource" dialog, I have to wait more than a minute (far more than a minute!) until the file is finally shown in the editor. The Eclipse process is really busy during that period of time and the program does not respond.

If I remember correctly the problem occurred when upgrading Eclipse from 3.5.1 to 3.6 and remains ever since. I also upgraded to Eclipse 3.6.1 with no effect.

Any ideas?

I tried out the latest Indio build yesterday and had no problems opening JSP files. Unfortunately Indigo is not stable enough to be used in production environment right now so upgrading is not an option at the moment.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 January 2011 11:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JSP / XHTML pages open extremely slow [message #650531 is a reply to message #650508] Tue, 25 January 2011 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Tewksbury is currently offline Ian TewksburyFriend
How large are these files? 10 lines, 100 lines, 100000 lines?

Blue Skies,

~Ian

Ian Tewksbury
WTP JavaScript Tools
IBM Rational
-----
“When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” ~Leonardo da Vinci
Re: JSP / XHTML pages open extremely slow [message #650543 is a reply to message #650531] Tue, 25 January 2011 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The issue seems to be unrelated to the file size.

I checked some combinations of JSP files and found out that opening the file is extremely slow as soon as I use a taglib. Opening a file containing the following line takes about one minute:

<%@ taglib prefix="bean" uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-bean"%>

If I remove the line everything seems to be fine.
Re: JSP / XHTML pages open extremely slow [message #650549 is a reply to message #650543] Tue, 25 January 2011 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Tewksbury is currently offline Ian TewksburyFriend
I did a quick search around https://bugs.eclipse.org and did not see anything that seemed like this issue. Thus my suggestion would be to open a new bug.

As always, be sure to provide as much detail as possible when reporting a bug. Also please report the bug number back here for documentation purposes.

You can use the following link to report a bug to the Source Editor team.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=WTP%20So urce%20Editing

Blue Skies,

~Ian

Ian Tewksbury
WTP JavaScript Tools
IBM Rational
-----
“When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” ~Leonardo da Vinci
Re: JSP / XHTML pages open extremely slow [message #650563 is a reply to message #650549] Tue, 25 January 2011 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Ian. I created a new bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=335314
Re: JSP / XHTML pages open extremely slow [message #650566 is a reply to message #650508] Tue, 25 January 2011 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Sandonato is currently offline Nick SandonatoFriend
Hi,

I'm going to wager a guess that what you're seeing is a duplicate of https://bugs.eclipse.org/321602, which has been fixed in the latest service release of Helios and is fixed in Indigo as well. Comment 10 in Bug 321602 has some instructions on applying the feature patch. Hopefully this will address your issue.
Re: JSP / XHTML pages open extremely slow [message #650567 is a reply to message #650566] Tue, 25 January 2011 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes Smile

Thanks for the hint. Finally JSP editing is back to normal Smile. I'll close the issue.
Re: JSP / XHTML pages open extremely slow [message #651877 is a reply to message #650566] Tue, 01 February 2011 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jzaruba  is currently offline jzaruba Friend
Nick Sandonato wrote on Tue, 25 January 2011 09:30
Hi,

I'm going to wager a guess that what you're seeing is a duplicate of https://bugs.eclipse.org/321602, which has been fixed in the latest service release of Helios and is fixed in Indigo as well. Comment 10 in Bug 321602 has some instructions on applying the feature patch. Hopefully this will address your issue.

Nick, do you have any clue when this service release is about to get released? (I've just downloaded Eclipse and it shows the same build ID as the installation I'm experiencing the bug in.)

Thanks for the patch hint, I haven't noticed it before, I'm on it! :)
Re: JSP / XHTML pages open extremely slow [message #651918 is a reply to message #651877] Wed, 02 February 2011 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The stated date is February 25th for SR2.

And Indigo milestones should be stable enough for most uses. If you ran into trouble with one, it's worth filing a bug report so it can be fixed by release.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: JSP / XHTML pages open extremely slow [message #651955 is a reply to message #651918] Wed, 02 February 2011 09:05 Go to previous message
jzaruba  is currently offline jzaruba Friend
Thanks Nitin, I've just downloaded it and I will check it out. :)
Previous Topic:Need help with TCP/IP monitor
Next Topic:Need help with instalaltion.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:00:12 GMT 2024