Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » How to define bundle dependency at project level?(Could not find a way to define dependency between two OSGi bundle projects)
How to define bundle dependency at project level? [message #650138] Fri, 21 January 2011 21:47 Go to next message
Akara Sucharitakul is currently offline Akara SucharitakulFriend
Working on two (or more) bundle projects - one dependent on the other, I could not find ways to make the dependencies work within the workspace. Let me go into more detail:

If I work on bundle project A and bundle project B at the same time. I did not yet build project B and put the bundle into the repository, the manifest and parts of A dependent on B will show an error (squiggly underline) saying the type/package/bundle referenced not found or package could not be resolved.

I can work around the type issue by configuring the build path to include project dependencies. But this won't be accurate as the types I see may not be exported/imported by the manifest causing runtime issues. The other workaround is to make sure I bundle project B and place it into the repository. But then, latest API changes for B won't be read by A until I re-publish bundle B. This would be a major inconvenience for large projects.

The question is do we already have a classpath container (or other dependency resolvers) that deals with bundle dependencies at the project level?

I'm using Virgo 2.1 & STS 3.5.1. Thanks.
Re: How to define bundle dependency at project level? [message #650153 is a reply to message #650138] Sat, 22 January 2011 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frieder Heugel is currently offline Frieder HeugelFriend
Hi Akara,

In the project properties of bundle A there is a list entry called Project References. Mark your bundle B there and everthing should work.

Bye
Frieder
Re: How to define bundle dependency at project level? [message #650428 is a reply to message #650153] Mon, 24 January 2011 19:49 Go to previous message
Akara Sucharitakul is currently offline Akara SucharitakulFriend
Hi Frieder,

This solves the issue for me. Thanks very much.

-Akara
Previous Topic:No source with remote repository
Next Topic:DuplicateLocationException when trying to refresh a problematic PAR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:14:35 GMT 2024