Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » No source with remote repository(Source provided with bundles are not attached when using remote repository)
No source with remote repository [message #649963] Fri, 21 January 2011 09:00 Go to next message
Akara Sucharitakul is currently offline Akara SucharitakulFriend
I'm quite impressed with the bundle classpath container adding dependencies when editing the manifest. Think you guys did a great for OSGi development.

One snag is when provisioning bundles using the remote repository, the source provided with the bundles (in source jars) are no longer available for view/debugging. Such sources are available when the bundle and source are in a local repository. It seems the remote repository does not serve source files.

Unfortunately, when developing in a large group with changing bundles we depend on, the remote repo would have been perfect without this little snag. Did I miss out anything here that would enable source visibility/auto attachment when the bundles are in the remote repo?

I'm using Virgo 2.1.release and STS 2.5.1. Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 January 2011 09:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: No source with remote repository [message #649982 is a reply to message #649963] Fri, 21 January 2011 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Lippert is currently offline Martin LippertFriend
I am not 100% sure, but I guess this is a missing feature in the tooling. Could you open an enhancement report in bugzilla for this? That would be great!

Just a side note: We are currently in the process of donating the tooling to the virgo project itself, so it might take some time until we are able to work on these new features...
Re: No source with remote repository [message #650137 is a reply to message #649982] Fri, 21 January 2011 21:29 Go to previous message
Akara Sucharitakul is currently offline Akara SucharitakulFriend
Thanks very much, Martin. I can see it as both a missing feature in the repository app (being able to serve the source) as well as the tooling - unless one has already implemented the feature and the other one has not. I'll open an enhancement report for this.
Previous Topic:virgo-web-server-2.1.0.RELEASE/bin/dmk.sh: line 210: OTHER_ARGS+= -jmxport: command not found
Next Topic:How to define bundle dependency at project level?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:39:09 GMT 2024