Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Create a web bundle project, and deploy it within Eclipse
Create a web bundle project, and deploy it within Eclipse [message #649523] Wed, 19 January 2011 14:58 Go to next message
Lorie Pisicchio is currently offline Lorie PisicchioFriend
I am creating a web bundle to implement an configuration interface. I created a new bundle project, following greenpages.web example. But I'm not able to deploy this bundle in my Virgo Web Server within Eclipse.
If I build my project with maven, and copy/paste the war into the pickup, it starts fine.
But if I drag and drop my project on my server instance in Eclipse, the deployment fails.
After analyzing the content of the war in one case, and of the stage directory in the other case, I identified several differences that could explain the problem :

1. The MANIFEST.MF file is not the one generated by Bundlor
  2. The directory structure is quite different. For example, the ftl directory is under WEB-INF in the war file, whereas it is directely under the bundle root in the stage directory

I'd like to have more explainations on what the tooling is doing behind the scene during deployment of artifacts. This is not the first time I'm facing difficulties with deployement within Eclipse, and it would make things much more easy if we'd have a piece of documentation on this topic.

In this specific case, is there some specific recommandations to follow to deploy web bundle in Virgo?
Re: Create a web bundle project, and deploy it within Eclipse [message #649984 is a reply to message #649523] Fri, 21 January 2011 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Lippert is currently offline Martin LippertFriend
The goal of the tooling is to make deployment of web bundles really easy, so this sounds like a bug or a problem within your settings, maybe.

I would suggest you open a bug report in bugzilla. It would be great if you could attach a small zipped sample project to the bug entry with some steps how to reproduce. Ok? I will take a look at it.

-Martin
Re: Create a web bundle project, and deploy it within Eclipse [message #650072 is a reply to message #649984] Fri, 21 January 2011 15:55 Go to previous message
Lorie Pisicchio is currently offline Lorie PisicchioFriend
Thanx Martin,
I created the new bug at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=335008
If I can help you in investigating on that issue, just let me know.

Regards
Lorie
Previous Topic:[virgo kernel] ExtensionsHookConfigurator breaks resource loading in Pax Web/Felix Webconsole
Next Topic:Virgo and log4j
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:16:54 GMT 2024