Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Find HTML unmatched tag?  () 1 Vote
Find HTML unmatched tag? [message #649286] Tue, 18 January 2011 15:27 Go to next message
Beth Tibbitts is currently offline Beth TibbittsFriend
I'm using the HTML editor and have a large number of large HTML files, authored elsewhere.
One is giving me a SAXException when I try to display it in the embedded Eclipse browser. A <div> tag isn't matched by a matching </div> tag. Try as I might I can't find it (large complex file). I've tried using features of the editor which help a lot (collapse tags, delete sections, etc... which usually work) and culled the file down but can't find it.

Is there something in the HTML editor or other features that I'm missing and could be using to find the mismatched tag? This is bugging me!

...Beth
Re: Find HTML unmatched tag? [message #649351 is a reply to message #649286] Tue, 18 January 2011 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Sandonato is currently offline Nick SandonatoFriend
Hi Beth,

You could use the validator built into the HTML editor to find your problem.

If you go to Window > Preferences and drill down in the tree to find Web > HTML Files > Validation, you'll be able to toggle the "Missing end tag" severity. If you want to make it stand out, select Error. When it says "Validation Settings Changed" you can say "Yes" and it will rebuild the entire workspace. If you'd rather just focus on your particular file you can click "No" and then right click on the source file and select Validate.

The missing end tag should then show up in the Problems view. Double clicking the problem should take you to the start tag that's missing its end tag.

Hope this helps you track down the culprit.
icon14.gif  Re: Find HTML unmatched tag? [message #649493 is a reply to message #649351] Wed, 19 January 2011 13:12 Go to previous message
Beth Tibbitts is currently offline Beth TibbittsFriend
Thank you! Oh wow, even more errors I didn't know about.
Perfect.
Thanks again!
Previous Topic:Creating SOAP server
Next Topic:Tomcat 7 requires a Java SDK in WTP?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:45:52 GMT 2024