Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Grammar without Xtext
Grammar without Xtext [message #649243] Tue, 18 January 2011 11:06 Go to next message
George Lawie is currently offline George LawieFriend
Is it possible to distribute a grammar/editor created with Xtext as a plugin such that it could run on an Eclipse that does not have Xtext installed? I see it can be seperated from Java, so this would be the next step to making it completely standalone. I realise this may just be wishful thinking however. Thanks!
Re: Grammar without Xtext [message #649252 is a reply to message #649243] Tue, 18 January 2011 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meinte Boersma is currently offline Meinte BoersmaFriend
The generated editor has a strong dependency on the Xtext-runtime which, in turn, has a strong dependency on EMF. So, in practice you'll need about half of all the plugins comprising Xtext and EMF which makes it probably easier (imho) to just install Xtext and EMF than to try and ship all these plugins along with the editor. (Installing Xtext and EMF (e.g. from update site) is quite painless, after all.)

Re: Grammar without Xtext [message #649270 is a reply to message #649243] Tue, 18 January 2011 14:20 Go to previous message
George Lawie is currently offline George LawieFriend
At first glance I thought there were only a half dozen dependencies, but then I looked deeper and saw that each one depended on further Xtext packages... Thanks for the reply Smile
Previous Topic:Xtext Java Validator - determine if "no errors"
Next Topic:Toggle comment and empty lines
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:45:38 GMT 2024