Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » PostGIS + Eclipselink
PostGIS + Eclipselink [message #649085] Mon, 17 January 2011 15:01 Go to next message
Tamas J is currently offline Tamas JFriend
Hello!

We are planning a project with PostgreSQL/PostGIS database (with geometry datas) and Eclipselink. I'm intereseted the opinion of those people, who have used or tried to use PosGIS and Eclipselink together. Is it possible to use together these, if it is, are there any description or tutorial on the web?

Thanks,
Tamas

[Updated on: Mon, 17 January 2011 15:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PostGIS + Eclipselink [message #649763 is a reply to message #649085] Thu, 20 January 2011 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

It should be possible. EclipseLink does not provide direct support for PostGIS data, but does have support for spatial data (on Oracle).

You may need to create your own PostGISPlatform extensions to add support for the spatial data.

Feel free to log an enhancement request, or if you develop your own platform submit it as a patch to the enhancement.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: PostGIS + Eclipselink [message #977050 is a reply to message #649763] Fri, 09 November 2012 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Devine is currently offline Dan DevineFriend
James,

Are you still around? Did this project go anywhere?

I've seen messages about this, and everything looks tantalizingly close...

I'm prepared to do some of the lifting if you (or anyone else) can help direct my efforts.

Thanks,
DD
Re: PostGIS + Eclipselink [message #982986 is a reply to message #977050] Tue, 13 November 2012 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I;m not sure if the user logged the enhancement or not. We have not done any work with PostGIS in EclipseLink as of yet.

Re: PostGIS + Eclipselink [message #983182 is a reply to message #982986] Tue, 13 November 2012 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Devine is currently offline Dan DevineFriend
Hi James,

Based on my look at the Oracle extensions, this doesn't look like it's too difficult.
I'm prepared to help make this happen, is there someone that I'd want to talk with?
Anywhere that you could help point me?

Thanks,
DD
Re: PostGIS + Eclipselink [message #986476 is a reply to message #983182] Tue, 20 November 2012 15:29 Go to previous message

I would start by logging the bug.

You will add your extensions to the PostgreSQLPlatform and may need to add a subpackage postgres for any additional classes.

Once you have it working you can attached a patch to the bug.

You may also wish to add some tests. Any JUnit tests would be sufficient.

Once you have everything added to the bug, someone will review and commit the patch if it is sufficient.

We also have a Incubator concept for major changes, but a patch is probably sufficient.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Development/Incubator

Previous Topic:Postgres inet type
Next Topic:Persistence unit with entities in multiple jars and static weaving
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:46:03 GMT 2024