Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Breakpoint Installation Failure(Problem when setting breakpoints in CDT using shared libraries)
Breakpoint Installation Failure [message #648957] Sun, 16 January 2011 16:12 Go to next message
David E. Narvaez is currently offline David E. NarvaezFriend
Refer to http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=tree&th=156343 for an initial description of the problem.

I'm working on a C++ project whose configuration is as follows:

- All the main code belongs to a shared library and a Makefile compiles that code into a file in a lib folder inside the project directory.
- A small main.cpp file was added for debugging purposes to serve as an entry point to the shared library.

My problem is that I can't set breakpoints on any part of the code that belongs to the shared library because I get a Breakpoint Installation Failed error, the error at the thread mentioned at the beginning. As mentioned in that thread, if I toggle the breakpoint, I can successfully set the breakpoint, furthermore if I disable and re-enable the breakpoint, I can successfully install it too.

I'd like it to work out of the box, because it's very annoying having to fix breakpoints for each debugging session. Am I missing something or is my debugging model impossible in CDT/GDB?

Thanks in advance.

David E. Narváez
Re: Breakpoint Installation Failure [message #648974 is a reply to message #648957] Mon, 17 January 2011 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
This will be fixed in the next eclipse release.

Until then, see answer of a post from Jan 10th

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=202784& amp;start=0&S=85ef42d97339451b93e4ef11b08e9b8a
Re: Breakpoint Installation Failure [message #649035 is a reply to message #648957] Mon, 17 January 2011 11:19 Go to previous message
David E. Narvaez is currently offline David E. NarvaezFriend
Thanks, didn't know about the available debuggers. I'll be awaiting for the fix on new Eclipse then.
Previous Topic:Breakpoint does not work
Next Topic:problem to start with Eclipse.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:56:52 GMT 2024