Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] ATL and IBM RSA 7.5.5+
[ATL] ATL and IBM RSA 7.5.5+ [message #648750] Fri, 14 January 2011 12:16 Go to next message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Hi,
I thought i'd share something I have found out this week. ATL often returns the following error when transforming models that were defined in IBM RSA:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.ProfileImpl@ This error is caused by ATL not understanding the way IBM exposes its PATHMAPS i.e. via GMF

To make your models transformable in RSA you should have a plugin that exposes the IBM RSA building profiles e.g. ProfileBase, Deployment etc

The plugin should have the following in the plugin.xml

<plugin>
<extension
point="org.eclipse.emf.ecore.uri_mapping">
<mapping
source="pathmap://UML2_MSL_PROFILES/"
target="platform:/plugin/com.ibm.xtools.uml.msl/profiles/">
</mapping>
</extension>

</plugin>

ATL can happily resolve this uri_mapping. Also if you define your own profiles in RSA, called .epx, you must expose them in a similar fashion to above. When you do this ATL will be able to read the Profile/Stereotypes at transformation time.

Regards,
Ronan
Re: [ATL] ATL and IBM RSA 7.5.5+ [message #649094 is a reply to message #648750] Mon, 17 January 2011 16:08 Go to previous message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
In a related finding that might be useful to folks using ATL and RSA..

If you want to use an RSA defined UML2 Profile as an input model you can do the following, assuming you have exposed the profile using the method outlined in the previous post i.e. ecore.uri_mapping

In the launch configuration UI specify the following for the profile location...
pathmap://MY_PROFILE/My_Profile.epx

Of course you can export an RSA profile(.epx) as a .uml file but this is often not ideal.

Regards,,
Ronan
Previous Topic:[ATL] Extend a rule in another ATL File
Next Topic:[ATL] Problem when transforming a model stored in a .uml file into another model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:52:03 GMT 2024