Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How to have a fragment project replace a directory of files
How to have a fragment project replace a directory of files [message #648671] Thu, 13 January 2011 21:58 Go to next message
Beth Tibbitts is currently offline Beth TibbittsFriend
I have a fragment project where i want to replace the html/ folder that is used for context help within a plug-in.
The fragment project contains additional information that the original plug-in does not (more extensive descriptions, for example.)

If i have an html/ directory in both the host plug-in and the fragment, only the host versions of the files are seen.
If I omit the html/ directory from host, I do see the files from the fragment plug-in.

I tried adding 'html' to the runtime classpath but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

I can find examples of how to replace files e.g. for language translation, but no information that helps me replace an entire directory of data that the plug-in uses.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
...Beth
Re: How to have a fragment project replace a directory of files [message #648703 is a reply to message #648671] Fri, 14 January 2011 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam Lucarz is currently offline Adam LucarzFriend
Hi,
i dont think that you can do that with a fragment. Because fragments are concepted only to ADD classes/resources to the classpath. A possible solution could be be to move the whole directory from the host plug-in into a additional fragment. With this separation you could replace the original fragment with the new fragment in your client (target platform) in order to replace the target directory. But this is only possible if you are the owner of that host plug-in. Otherwise you have got a problem, i think.

Greetings
Adam

Re: How to have a fragment project replace a directory of files [message #648794 is a reply to message #648671] Fri, 14 January 2011 14:23 Go to previous message
Beth Tibbitts is currently offline Beth TibbittsFriend
Yes I'm the owner of the host plug-in.
Wonder if I can replace the class that calculates where the files are located? and I can use a different dir e.g. htmlnew/
Previous Topic:workspace and project naming
Next Topic:Platform.getBundle() returns NULL everytime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:06:26 GMT 2024