Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Uninstallation of optional features problem (P2 API usage)
Uninstallation of optional features problem (P2 API usage) [message #648560] Thu, 13 January 2011 14:20 Go to next message
Sun Volland is currently offline Sun VollandFriend
I created a product composed of several features

Now I want to be able to uninstall some of the features from the running application : to allow this (or at least I hoped so) I customized the p2.inf file of the product definition project to mark the uninstallable features as optional :

requires.0.namespace = org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu
requires.0.name = my.feature.name
requires.0.optional = true

Now when I run the uninstallation operation (using the P2 API), P2 gives me the following information feedback :

"my human readable feature name" cannot be fully uninstalled because other installed software requires it. The parts that are not required will be uninstalled.

the uninstallation operation performs without errors, and the feature is not uninstalled (what the previous message predicted).

Apparently marking the dependencies as optional is not sufficient. Any clue about how to solve this problem ?

Thanks,
Sun

Re: Uninstallation of optional features problem (P2 API usage) [message #648562 is a reply to message #648560] Thu, 13 January 2011 14:27 Go to previous message
Sun Volland is currently offline Sun VollandFriend
I forgot to mention that I'm using the E4-July release, which I guess is using the 3.6 P2 api.
Previous Topic:P2 Installation fails with permission denied error in linux & Mac for RCP based out of Eclipse 3
Next Topic:How to notify changes in bundle cache?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:48:05 GMT 2024