Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF) » Shared Editor example not working(Shared Editor example not working)
Shared Editor example not working [message #648557] Thu, 13 January 2011 14:12 Go to next message
Pratik Agrawal is currently offline Pratik AgrawalFriend
Please excuse me if I sound stupid

I am using eclipse 3.6.1 with ecf 3.4, and I am not able to work with the examples.Just to detail out the procedure, I took eclipse 3.6 and installed ecf 3.4. Then I opened an instance of the eclipse and created a project in the workspace and connected myself to XMPPS. Then I opened second instance and again connected myself to XMPPS as a separate user. I tried sharing a .java file from my first instance. I right clicked on the instance and didnt find "shared editor with" option , rather I found the option of "Synchronise with " in the context menu. I am using this option to connect to my second user, but it fails with error "failed to contact peer". Here are the error logs:-

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ecf.ui.handlers.SynchronizeWithHan dler$1.run(SynchronizeWithHandler.java:79)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread. run(ModalContext.java:121)
Re: Shared Editor example not working [message #648570 is a reply to message #648557] Thu, 13 January 2011 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remy Suen is currently offline Remy SuenFriend
Please see bug 332234.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=332234
Re: Shared Editor example not working [message #648715 is a reply to message #648570] Fri, 14 January 2011 08:10 Go to previous message
Pratik Agrawal is currently offline Pratik AgrawalFriend
Hi Remy,
That was a great help indeed.
I followed the steps for work-around and its now working for me.
Thank you very much Smile
On a seperate note, I am also facing problems running the scribble-share tutorials. I will detail out the steps in a seperate thread.
Thanks again
Previous Topic:Could not start the server with a different port and group
Next Topic:Problem with scribble share example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:29:17 GMT 2024