Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » BPEL Designer » pattern attribute of correlation implicitly always set(How to check then the explicit usage of "pattern"?)
pattern attribute of correlation implicitly always set [message #647627] Fri, 07 January 2011 13:15 Go to next message
Christoph is currently offline ChristophFriend
As always, this is a question to the developers

SA00046 of App. B in the BPEL spec asks to check whether the pattern attribute of a correlation is set in some cases. As it points out, the pattern attribute is implicitly ALWAYS set in the model of the process. Thus, asking for correlation.getPattern() == null is useless (the value of pattern is always request, as long as not explicitly set to response or requestresponse).

So I'm keen on the answer how to check then whether the correlation uses the attribute.
The BPEL Validator uses an own model, I know. But I'm committed to the task to develop another validator, just if you ask.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 January 2011 17:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: pattern attribute of correlation implicitly always set [message #647690 is a reply to message #647627] Fri, 07 January 2011 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Christoph,

I'm not sure if you are asking about the interpretation of SA00046 or about how the BPEL Designer's validator handles this validation rule.
Re: pattern attribute of correlation implicitly always set [message #648105 is a reply to message #647627] Tue, 11 January 2011 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Bob,

I know how the BPEL validator handles this rule, but I cannot go the same way (building an own tree of the process and using this for validation).

SA00046 says that one MUST NOT use the pattern attribute if the invoked operation is one-way. But since the attribute is always implicitly set, I cannot programmatically decide, whether the attribute is used or not. I wonder whether this (implicitly set attribute) is a violation of the specification.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2011 09:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: pattern attribute of correlation implicitly always set [message #648643 is a reply to message #648105] Thu, 13 January 2011 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Ah, I think I understand what you're saying now: you are suggesting that the CorrelationImpl class should NOT be initializing the pattern attribute to "request" on construction and should simply leave it as null, right? You probably have a point here, but I would have to see what, if anything, is affected by a change like this.

Can you please file a bugzilla here so that we can track this?

Thanks!
Bob
Re: pattern attribute of correlation implicitly always set [message #648752 is a reply to message #648643] Fri, 14 January 2011 12:18 Go to previous message
Yes. I suggest not to initialize the pattern attribute.

Bug filed.
Previous Topic:Missing attribute in EMF model for FROM element
Next Topic:Link to CVS on developer page broken
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:56:17 GMT 2024