Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Synchronize product definition to plugin.xml in headless build?
Synchronize product definition to plugin.xml in headless build? [message #647611] Fri, 07 January 2011 10:36
Lars Holmstrom is currently offline Lars HolmstromFriend
Does anybody know if there is a way to force the product definition to get synchronized with the product's defining plugin.xml during a headless build?

I use this feature through the Product Export UI to build differently branded versions of the same application (they all share the same defining plugin), but I haven't found a way to do this using headless builds. I have my whole headless build process for 3 different products automated now, but I have to use the Eclipse UI for the sole purpose of clicking on the "Synchronize" option in the Product Configuration Editor before building each product.

All this step does is fill in some content in the plugin's "product" extension point from the product definition file, but they are important little bits, like the application name and the "about" text. I could write an application or script to duplicate this functionality, but who wants to do that when the functionality is already present somewhere in the Eclipse PDE?

It would be great if there was a setting through build.xml or build.properties that could force this to happen.

Any help would be much appreciated.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 January 2011 18:21]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to change the name of Custom Menu Item on selecting the parent menu
Next Topic:Status of emfforms plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:46:29 GMT 2024