Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Which PHP IDE is the best in your Experience including Eclipse?(Willing to pay $$)
Which PHP IDE is the best in your Experience including Eclipse? [message #647393] Wed, 05 January 2011 23:42 Go to next message
GT Missing name is currently offline GT Missing nameFriend
Hi,
We have both Java and PHP layers in our product. We are pretty happy with the JDT Eclipse but PDT Eclipse leaves something to be desired. Maybe we are using it wrong and I am hoping I can get some feedback here to help improve our PHP dev productivity.

Our Dev Environment in Win XP but Production is Debian 4.0 Linux. We use remote debugging with local Apache server to debug multiple php pages. Unfortunately, this does not go well most often. Either Apache crashes or the debugger just becomes unresponsive, like it is waiting for something. The Debug Stack window just says [terminated]... . No Debug output or browser display as to which line was the culprit. I am guessing that Apache/eclipse/debugger might have encountered a Linux call which is of course unavailable in Windows and died silently???? But I have no proof of it and I am probably wrong.

I have 2 questions:

1. Have you come across a PDT IDE with better grip on Remote debugging capabilities? If so, which one's?
  2. Any idea how to make the above Scenarios Windows+Linux+Apache+Eclipse+Zend Debugger work?

Any Comments/Suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks,
G
Re: Which PHP IDE is the best in your Experience including Eclipse? [message #647704 is a reply to message #647393] Fri, 07 January 2011 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT Missing name is currently offline GT Missing nameFriend
bump
Re: Which PHP IDE is the best in your Experience including Eclipse? [message #647733 is a reply to message #647393] Sat, 08 January 2011 10:12 Go to previous message
Miha Vrhovnik is currently offline Miha VrhovnikFriend
I'm using PDT on windows 7, but the actual files and all other parts of dev environment are running on Linux running inside VirtualBox.
For debugging purposes I'm using port forwardiong from virtualization to the windows machine and the debugger is XDebug. If you really want to use ZendDebugger then I recommend, that you test it with ZendStudio.
Previous Topic:Editor removes tabs before brace
Next Topic:No completions available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:30:00 GMT 2024