Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Getting a path to a file when right clicked
Getting a path to a file when right clicked [message #647252] Wed, 05 January 2011 12:19 Go to next message
Haffi is currently offline HaffiFriend
I know this is strictly not a Papyrus issue but people have been so helpful to me before so I hope you can forgive me this time.

My problem is that I've added a context menu entry to the Papyrus editor and from there an IAction is triggered. I can get the specific element that was right-clicked from the IStructuredSelection but now I need to get the path to the file (diagram) where the action was triggered. It does not seem to be part of the IStructuredSelection (hopefully I'm wrong) so I have no idea how to get the path to the file.
Re: Getting a path to a file when right clicked [message #648091 is a reply to message #647252] Tue, 11 January 2011 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wojciech Trocki is currently offline Wojciech TrockiFriend
This is a wrong place to talk about this.
I think that we make similar customizations so
please send me your contact info(gtalk, mail, or other)
Re: Getting a path to a file when right clicked [message #648132 is a reply to message #648091] Tue, 11 January 2011 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wojciech Trocki is currently offline Wojciech TrockiFriend
My gmail account: wtrocki
Re: Getting a path to a file when right clicked [message #648134 is a reply to message #647252] Tue, 11 January 2011 11:48 Go to previous message
Haffi is currently offline HaffiFriend
I've found the solution to the problem so if it can benefit anyone else, here is the code for getting the URI of the file:
IWorkbenchPage activePage = PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getActivePage();
CoreMultiDiagramEditor activeEditor = (CoreMultiDiagramEditor)activePage.getActiveEditor();
EObject model = (EObject)activeEditor.getDiagramEditPart().getModel();
URI uri = model.eResource().getURI();
Path pathToDiagram = new Path(uri.toPlatformString(false));

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2011 11:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:XText Documentation
Next Topic:Old Payrus Code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:42:03 GMT 2024