Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Documentation Generation(Does Papyrus support documentation generation? How?)
icon5.gif  Documentation Generation [message #647101] Tue, 04 January 2011 15:42 Go to next message
Bruno Mattos is currently offline Bruno MattosFriend
Hi.

I wonder if Papyrus supports documentation generation for a model created by the user.
I searched in Papyrus' user guide on wiki.eclipse, but found no information about it.
In case there's no such feature, I would like to know if there is a forecast of development.

Thanks,

Bruno.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 January 2011 04:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Documentation Generation [message #650826 is a reply to message #647101] Wed, 26 January 2011 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone please help me?...

I'm trying to use BIRT to generate reports. I wonder if the community of Papyrus is interested in integrating features of BIRT or another plugin.
Re: Documentation Generation [message #650976 is a reply to message #650826] Thu, 27 January 2011 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Yes Papyrus will support the documentation generation
see http://www.scribd.com/doc/42144647/TPC-GenDoc2-v1-1-0-tutorial

We use the gendoc tool from Topcased.
A plugin will be developped to obtain diagrams.
A soon we have more information, this post will be completed
Maybe, some guys from Atos can confirm my speech Smile

Patrick
Papyrus Team
Re: Documentation Generation [message #652395 is a reply to message #650976] Thu, 03 February 2011 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply.

I am curious about why they chose Gendoc2 instead of BIRT. I thought there was a planned integration of Sphinx and Papyrus and the generation of documentation would be provided by BIRT (since this is a community maintained Eclipse plugin).

I'm trying to use the Gendoc2 but BIRT still seems more friendly and easy to use.

Thank you for listening.

Bruno.
icon5.gif  Re: Documentation Generation [message #1728062 is a reply to message #652395] Wed, 30 March 2016 16:59 Go to previous message
Benajmin Schoenholzer is currently offline Benajmin SchoenholzerFriend
I should create a documentation form a sysml-model in a markdown format. The target is to deploy this documentation in a wiki, which belongs to the normal repository management tool.
I did not found any tool to provide this. I think the best solution is to make a parser for the .uml file. But i would like also to implement the pictures. Is it possible to generate the pictures form papyrus from outside by a command?

Do you have some ideas?
Previous Topic:[Solved:] How to "Generate Java Code"?
Next Topic:How to load multiple UML/SysML models programmatically?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:04:43 GMT 2024