Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » New Text style (including icons)
icon9.gif  New Text style (including icons) [message #646332] Thu, 23 December 2010 11:42 Go to next message
Marc Mising name is currently offline Marc Mising nameFriend
Hi,
I'm using Eclipse Galileo 3.5.0, and I like to have a Text with the style available in Helios, with the icons (search and clear) inside the Text (like the Preferences page text search).

I try the following:
Text text = new Text(parent, SWT.SEARCH | SWT.ICON_CANCEL | SWT.ICON_SEARCH);

But it doesn't work, it doesn't show the icons inside the Text.

It's possible that this appearance is not available in Galileo? I see the information of the Text class, and this styles are available, but has no effect... Any idea?

Thanks!
Marc
Re: New Text style (including icons) [message #646457 is a reply to message #646332] Fri, 24 December 2010 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,

SWT.ICON_CANCEL and SWT.ICON_SEARCH styles are currently hints (the javadoc specifies that its a HINT). So, you'll be able to see the icons inside the Text control only on platforms that support this style.
This style is currently supported on Mac and newer GTK versions (> =2.16) but not on windows.

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: New Text style (including icons) [message #646458 is a reply to message #646457] Fri, 24 December 2010 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Lakshmi,

I'm using Ubuntu, and it appears that I'm using gtk 2.22. In Helios I see the icons inside the Text, but in Galileo icons don't appear...

Marc
Re: New Text style (including icons) [message #646461 is a reply to message #646458] Fri, 24 December 2010 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Sorry Marc, this style is supported on GTK only from Helios. In Galileo, this was supported only on Mac. Please see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=281352

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: New Text style (including icons) [message #646462 is a reply to message #646461] Fri, 24 December 2010 13:20 Go to previous message
Ohhh It's a bad new for me Sad Well, I hope we migrate to Helios (or Indigo) as soon as possible in my project, cause this appearance is very beautiful...

Thanks a lot!!
Marc
Previous Topic:Redraw issue if i hover a window over a transparent shell.
Next Topic:Mouse wheel scrolling under Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:09:11 GMT 2024