Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Eclipse RAP and IBM iWidget
Eclipse RAP and IBM iWidget [message #646139] Wed, 22 December 2010 10:26 Go to next message
Martijn Cremer is currently offline Martijn CremerFriend

Good day,

I'm at the moment looking at RAP 1.4M4 (and yes it looks cool and the blog post on Eclipsesource makes me happy).

Now a client im atm looking in to if RAP is a option for them are also talking about IBM iWidget becouse the product there working with is going that way.

I straight toucht that it would be competible with RAP seeing you can create your own widgets etc. But I am not sure so hence me asking can IBM's iWidget technology. If so how is this posible with single sourcing story that makes RAP so strong.

with kind regards,

Martijn Cremer

hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.
Re: Eclipse RAP and IBM iWidget [message #646553 is a reply to message #646139] Tue, 28 December 2010 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Sternberg is currently offline Ralf SternbergFriend

Hi Martijn,

I never had the pleasure to work with those IBM iWidgets. But from a
quick look at the manual, it seems that it's just a way to declare
reusable contents to be included in a web application. So far, I don't
see problems related to the browser widget. Do you?

Regards, Ralf
--
Ralf Sternberg

Twitter: http://twitter.com/ralfstx
Blog: http://www.eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional support for RAP and RCP?
http://www.eclipsesource.com/support/
Re: Eclipse RAP and IBM iWidget [message #646611 is a reply to message #646553] Wed, 29 December 2010 07:59 Go to previous message
Martijn Cremer is currently offline Martijn CremerFriend

Hi Ralf,

To be honest I completely forgot the browser widget could do that. I my self have no experience with the iWidget framework but a client who is working with IBM filenet is considering to migrate there RCP product to RAP and filnet is going to use iWidget. And they asked and I was making it more complex (thinking of making costum widgets) while the browser is there for our confomrt.

Thanks for helping and a happy new year Smile.

hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.
Previous Topic:How to use org.eclipse.compare with RAP
Next Topic:Any plans to upgrade to Qooxdoo 1.3 or 1.2.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 00:00:07 GMT 2024