Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate
trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #646063] Tue, 21 December 2010 18:57 Go to next message
Jacob Hameiri is currently offline Jacob HameiriFriend
Hello
I am new to Virgo and I am trying to change the greenpages sample to use hibernate.
I have changed the jpaVendorAdapter to:
org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.HibernateJpaVendorAdapter
and I have added,
Import-Library: org.hibernate.ejb;version="[3.4.0.GA,3.4.0.GA]"

to the greenpages.jpa-solution MANIFEST.MF

this is the entire MANIFEST:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Export-Package: test;version="2.3.0";uses:="org.springframework.beans.
 factory.annotation"
Bundle-Vendor: SpringSource Inc.
Bundle-Version: 2.3.0
Tool: Bundlor 1.0.0.RELEASE
Bundle-Name: GreenPages JPA
Import-Library: org.hibernate.ejb;version="[3.4.0.GA,3.4.0.GA]"
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-SymbolicName: greenpages.jpa
Import-Package: greenpages;version="[2.3, 2.4)",javax.persistence;vers
 ion="[1.0.0, 1.0.0]",javax.sql;version="0",org.apache.commons.dbcp;ve
 rsion="[1.2.2.osgi, 1.2.2.osgi]",org.springframework.beans.factory.an
 notation;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.context.weaving;ver
 sion="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.core.io;version="[3.0, 3.1)",or
 g.springframework.dao.annotation;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframe
 work.orm.jpa;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor;
 version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.stereotype;version="[3.0, 3.
 1)",org.springframework.transaction.annotation;version="[3.0, 3.1)",o
 rg.springframework.transaction.aspectj;version="[3.0, 3.1)"

I have also copied the hibernate jars to \repository\usr folder.

When I deploy the par I get this exception:
[2010-12-21 20:35:51.153] TCP Connection(54)-127.0.0.1 <DE0002E> Installation of par 'greenpages' version '2.3.0.RELEASE' failed. org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.UnableToSatisfyBundleDependenciesException: Unable to satisfy dependencies of bundle 'greenpages-2.3.0.RELEASE-greenpages.jpa' at version '2.3.0': Cannot resolve: greenpages-2.3.0.RELEASE-greenpages.jpa
    Resolver report:
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-2.3.0.RELEASE-greenpages.jpa_2.3.0>
             constraint: <Import-Package: org.hibernate.ejb.transaction; version="[3.4.0.GA,3.4.0.GA]"> constrained to bundle <com.springsource.org.hibernate> constrained bundle version range "[3.3.1.GA,3.4.0)"
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-2.3.0.RELEASE-synthetic.context_2.3.0.RELEASE>
             constraint: <Import-Package: test; version="0.0.0"> constrained to bundle <greenpages-2.3.0.RELEASE-greenpages.jpa> constrained bundle version range "[2.3.0,2.3.0]"
            with attributes {module_scope=greenpages-2.3.0.RELEASE}

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.stage.resolve.internal.QuasiResolveStage.process(QuasiResolveStage.java:45)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.internal.StandardPipeline.doProcessTree(StandardPipeline.java:62)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.internal.CompensatingPipeline.doProcessTree(CompensatingPipeline.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.stage.AbstractPipelineStage.process(AbstractPipelineStage.java:41)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.internal.StandardPipeline.doProcessTree(StandardPipeline.java:62)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.stage.AbstractPipelineStage.process(AbstractPipelineStage.java:41)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.driveInstallPipeline(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:271)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.doInstall(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:151)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.install(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:123)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.deploy(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:190)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.management.StandardDeployer.deploy(StandardDeployer.java:52)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor117.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.ConvertingMethod.invokeWithOpenReturn(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MXBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MXBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(Unknown Source)
	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$200(Unknown Source)
	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(Unknown Source)
	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(Unknown Source)
	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor116.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks for your help!
Jacob
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #646087 is a reply to message #646063] Wed, 22 December 2010 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
Did you copy library definition in addition to the jars?

See here: http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/library/version/d etail?name=org.hibernate.ejb&version=3.4.0.GA&search Type=librariesByName&searchQuery=hibernate

Regards,
Dmitry
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #646106 is a reply to message #646087] Wed, 22 December 2010 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I did

Jacob
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #646108 is a reply to message #646106] Wed, 22 December 2010 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also I can see the bundles in the virgo web console:

33 		com.springsource.org.hibernate 	3.3.2.GA 	Fragments: 34 	Active
34 		com.springsource.org.hibernate.annotations 	3.4.0.GA 	Host: 33 	Resolved
35 		com.springsource.org.hibernate.annotations.common 	3.3.0.ga 		Active 

but the 'com.springsource.org.hibernate.ejb' bundle is not loaded although I copied 'com.springsource.org.hibernate.ejb-3.4.0.GA.jar' to the repository.

Jacob
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #646140 is a reply to message #646108] Wed, 22 December 2010 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
The problem seems to be that the import of the package org.hibernate.ejb.transaction is constrained by a bundle version range "[3.3.1.GA,3.4.0)" which excludes the bundle version 3.4.0.GA of the com.springsource.org.hibernate.ejb bundle.

I'd like to know where the 3.3.1.GA is coming from.

The ImportExpansionHandler class is responsible for transforming Import-Library and Import-Bundle into Import-Package and does info logging to show the manifests before and after expansion. Please take a look in serviceability/logs/log.log to see if you can see where the 3.3.1.GA is coming from or any other salient information.
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #646151 is a reply to message #646063] Wed, 22 December 2010 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is the log

Jacob
  • Attachment: log.log
    (Size: 596.36KB, Downloaded 1149 times)
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #646171 is a reply to message #646151] Wed, 22 December 2010 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The log shows that the import expansion handler is working as expected. What was slightly surprising was that the com.springsource.org.hibernate.ejb bundle is a fragment of the com.springsource.org.hibernate bundle, so the expanded package import of org.hibernate.ejb.transaction is constrained to the host using the fragment-host header information in the hibernate.ejb bundle.

So I think the import-package of org.hibernate.ejb.transaction is correct. The reason this is not resolving is that the fragment is not attached to its host.

The most obvious reason for this would be if you added the com.springsource.org.hibernate.ejb bundle to repository/usr after Virgo had started. If so, please restart Virgo with the -clean option and see if the fragment attaches.
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #646176 is a reply to message #646171] Wed, 22 December 2010 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I restarted with clean and it didn't help

Jacob
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #646182 is a reply to message #646176] Wed, 22 December 2010 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. Please would you raise a bug, so we can investigate further, and ideally provide a minimal example which fails.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 December 2010 15:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #646243 is a reply to message #646182] Wed, 22 December 2010 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your help.
Do you know where can I find a working sample of how to use Virgo and hibernate ?
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #646249 is a reply to message #646243] Wed, 22 December 2010 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eva Troels is currently offline Eva TroelsFriend
I have the same problem as you do - have you found a solution or a good example?
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #646313 is a reply to message #646243] Thu, 23 December 2010 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately Virgo does not currently have a hibernate sample. However, Virgo 2.1.0.RELEASE is close in function to SpringSource dm Server 2.0.x which does have a working Petclinic sample which has hibernate as an example back end.

Please refer to the migration notes for the differences between Virgo and dm Server. You should be able to get Petclinic working with Virgo pretty easily. We couldn't contribute Petclinic to Eclipse because the code provenance was unclear.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 December 2010 10:00]

Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #647786 is a reply to message #646063] Sun, 09 January 2011 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I have tried to load com.springsource.org.hibernate.ejb-3.4.0.GA.jar, which is needed for my ap,p but the sever is not loading it. I don't see any error of message regarding this bundle. It seems server just ignores it. Help in this regards is needed from Virgo team.
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #647813 is a reply to message #647786] Sun, 09 January 2011 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ark_adius  is currently offline ark_adius Friend
com.springsource.org.hibernate.ejb-3.4.0.GA.jar uses some old version of slf4j, not included in virgo. Change in manifest this:
Import-Package: org.slf4j;version="[1.5.3, 2.0.0)"

ant it should works.

If you will have troubles with ClassNotFoundException: javax.transaction.SystemException you should probable remove lines starting with javax.transaction in lib/java6-server.profile otherwise equinox will be treated as a provider of javax.transaction package (in my case it works)

Now i'm trying to make working storing data (not only reading) in this example and I'm getting exception:

javax.persistence.TransactionRequiredException: no transaction is in progress
	org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.flush(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:301)
	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	org.springframework.orm.jpa.ExtendedEntityManagerCreator$ExtendedEntityManagerInvocationHandler.invoke(ExtendedEntityManagerCreator.java:365)
	$Proxy188.flush(Unknown Source)
	sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	org.springframework.orm.jpa.SharedEntityManagerCreator$SharedEntityManagerInvocationHandler.invoke(SharedEntityManagerCreator.java:224)
	$Proxy188.flush(Unknown Source)
	org.apatrz.ssg.dao.jpa.PersonsManagementImpl.add(PersonsManagementImpl.java:39)
	org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
	org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.doInvoke(ServiceInvoker.java:58)
	org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:62)
	org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
	org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
	org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
	org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
	org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.LocalBundleContextAdvice.invoke(LocalBundleContextAdvice.java:59)
	org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
	org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
	org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
	$Proxy179.add(Unknown Source)

Any suggestions?

[Updated on: Sun, 09 January 2011 16:05]

Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #648327 is a reply to message #647813] Wed, 12 January 2011 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in greenpages.jpa modlue-context.xml
try changing:
<tx:annotation-driven mode="aspectj"/>
to:
<tx:annotation-driven transaction-manager="transactionManager" />
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #648335 is a reply to message #646063] Wed, 12 January 2011 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ark_adius  is currently offline ark_adius Friend
Thank for reply. It is already works for me with AspectJ. I was a little suprised when transactions not works with hibernate and try to digg what was wrong with my hibernate configuration.

Eventually I found out that transactions not works at all in this example.

It is my maven-bundle-plugin configuration:
                        <Import-Package>
                            org.apatrz.ssg.dao,
                            org.apatrz.ssg.domain,
                            javax.persistence;version="1.0.0",
                            javax.transaction;version="1.1.0",
                            javax.sql,
                            org.apache.commons.dbcp;version="[1.4, 2.0)",
                            org.hibernate.ejb;version="[3.4.0, 3.5.0)",
                            org.hibernate.proxy;version="[3.3.2.GA, 3.5.0)",
                            org.hibernate.dialect;version="[3.3.2.GA, 3.5.0)",
                            org.hibernate.jdbc;version="[3.3.2.GA, 3.5.0)",
                            org.aspectj.lang;version="[1.6.6.RELEASE, 1.7)",
                            org.aspectj.runtime.reflect;version="[1.6.6.RELEASE, 1.7)",
                            org.aopalliance.aop;version="[1.0.0,1.1.0)"
                        </Import-Package>
                        <Import-Bundle>
                            org.springframework.aop;version="[3.0,3.1)",
                            org.springframework.aspects;version="[3.0,3.1)",
                            org.springframework.beans;version="[3.0,3.1)",
                            org.springframework.context;version="[3.0,3.1)",
                            org.springframework.core;version="[3.0,3.1)",
                            org.springframework.orm;version="[3.0,3.1)",
                            org.springframework.transaction;version="[3.0,3.1)"
                         </Import-Bundle>

And for bundle with domain objects:

<Import-Package>
                            javax.persistence;version="1.0.0",
                            org.hibernate.proxy;version="[3.3.2.GA, 3.5.0)",
                            org.hibernate.jdbc;version="[3.3.2.GA, 3.5.0)",
                            javassist.util.proxy;version="[3.9.0.GA, 4.0.0)"
                        </Import-Package>

Maybe it will helpful for somebody.

I can't send a patch of greenpages example because I work on less general solution and I'm not sure what else should be changes in this example for working with hibernate.

Regards.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2011 13:56]

Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #650315 is a reply to message #647813] Mon, 24 January 2011 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ark_adius wrote on Sun, 09 January 2011 16:04
com.springsource.org.hibernate.ejb-3.4.0.GA.jar uses some old version of slf4j, not included in virgo. Change in manifest this:
Import-Package: org.slf4j;version="[1.5.3, 2.0.0)"

ant it should works.

Captured in bug 335174. Thanks!
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #650461 is a reply to message #650315] Tue, 25 January 2011 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I added a comment to the defect that Glyn mentioned.
slf4j is part of the problem.

In mean time - I have updated greenpages sample to work with EclipseLink 2.x and Hibernate 3.6.

It is on github for now.

https://github.com/dsklyut/virgo-samples-greenpages

Regards,
Dmitry
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #650472 is a reply to message #650461] Tue, 25 January 2011 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great work Dmitry!

Please could you tell me where you are getting Hibernate 3.6 bundles from?
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #650516 is a reply to message #650472] Tue, 25 January 2011 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am creating it manually with help from bundlor. See github project module
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #658767 is a reply to message #650516] Wed, 09 March 2011 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brent  is currently offline brent Friend
Dmitri,

Thanks for your work on getting greenpages working with spring/hibernate 3.6.

Starting with a clean install and working with your instructions on github, I have been unable to get any of the three applications to deploy on virgo 2.1.0.RELEASE or 3.0M2. I get similar dependency resolution errors to what I was getting before.

any clues on how to proceed?

thanks,

brent

[2011-03-08 20:01:32.453] fs-watcher <DE0002E> Installation of par 'greenpages-hibernate-native' version '2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT' failed. org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.UnableToSatisfyBundleDependenciesException: Unable to satisfy dependencies of bundle 'greenpages-hibernate-native-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.app' at version '2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT': Cannot resolve: greenpages-hibernate-native-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.app
    Resolver report:
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-native-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.app_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>
             constraint: <Import-Package: org.hibernate.loader.collection; version="0.0.0"> constrained to bundle <org.eclipse.virgo.samples.hibernate.core> constrained bundle version range "[3.6.0.Final,3.6.0.Final]"
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-native-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.hibernate_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>
             constraint: <Import-Package: org.hibernate.loader.collection; version="0.0.0"> constrained to bundle <org.eclipse.virgo.samples.hibernate.core> constrained bundle version range "[3.6.0.Final,3.6.0.Final]"
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-native-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.db_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-native-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-synthetic.context_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>
             constraint: <Import-Package: greenpages; version="0.0.0"> constrained to bundle <greenpages-hibernate-native-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.app> constrained bundle version range "[2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT,2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT]"
            with attributes {module_scope=greenpages-hibernate-native-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT}

An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-native-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.web_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <org.eclipse.virgo.samples.hibernate.core_3.6.0.Final>
             constraint: <Import-Package: org.objectweb.asm; version="[3.1.0,4.0.0)">

biz.aQute.bnd.jar print -manifest greenpages.hibernate.native-solution-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT.jar 
[MANIFEST greenpages.hibernate.native-solution-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT.jar]
Archiver-Version                        Plexus Archiver                         
Build-Jdk                               1.6.0_22                                
Built-By                                calder                                  
Bundle-ManifestVersion                  2                                       
Bundle-SymbolicName                     greenpages.hibernate                    
Bundle-Vendor                           SpringSource Inc.                       
Bundle-Version                          2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT                    
Created-By                              Apache Maven                            
Import-Bundle                           org.eclipse.virgo.samples.hibernate.core;version="3.6.0.Final";import-scope:="application"
Import-Package                          greenpages;version="[2.3, 3.0)",javax.persistence;version="[1.0.0, 3.0.0)",javax.sql;version="0",org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.context.weaving;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.orm.hibernate3;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.annotation;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.stereotype;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.transaction.annotation;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.transaction.aspectj;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.util;version="[3.0, 3.1)"
Manifest-Version                        1.0                                     
Tool                                    Bundlor 1.0.0.RELEASE

Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #690922 is a reply to message #658767] Thu, 30 June 2011 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frieder Heugel is currently offline Frieder HeugelFriend
Hi guys,

was anyone able to get the greenpages example working? I just tried it with Virgo 3.0.0.M05 and I was not able to get it working properly. I get the same exceptions like the posters before me did. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Frieder
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #693350 is a reply to message #690922] Wed, 06 July 2011 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Schaner is currently offline Sebastian SchanerFriend
Hi everyone,

I am also having issues getting the hibernate example to work (I've tried using M04 and M05). Here is my error-message:

[2011-07-06 11:48:53.288] fs-watcher                   <DE0500E> Unable to install application from URI 'file:/E:/virgo-tomcat-server-3.0.0.M05/pickup/greenpages-solution-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT.par'. Cannot satisfy constraints for bundle 'greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.app' version '2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT'. Cannot resolve: greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.app
    Resolver report:
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.app_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>
             constraint: <Import-Package: org.hibernate.ejb.criteria; version="[3.6.0.Final,3.6.0.Final]"> constrained to bundle <org.eclipse.virgo.samples.hibernate.core> constrained bundle version range "0.0.0"
        A Fragment-Host could not be resolved. The affected fragment is org.eclipse.virgo.samples.hibernate.entitymanager_3.6.0.Final
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-synthetic.context_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>
             constraint: <Import-Package: greenpages; version="0.0.0"> constrained to bundle <greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.app> constrained bundle version range "[2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT,2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT]"
            with attributes {module_scope=greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT}

An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.web_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>
             constraint: <Import-Package: org.hibernate.ejb.event; version="[3.6.0.Final,3.6.0.Final]"> constrained to bundle <org.eclipse.virgo.samples.hibernate.core> constrained bundle version range "0.0.0"
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.hibernate.jpa_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>
             constraint: <Import-Package: org.hibernate.ejb.criteria; version="[3.6.0.Final,3.6.0.Final]"> constrained to bundle <org.eclipse.virgo.samples.hibernate.core> constrained bundle version range "0.0.0"
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.db_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>
. org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.UnableToSatisfyBundleDependenciesException: Unable to satisfy dependencies of bundle 'greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.app' at version '2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT': Cannot resolve: greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.app
    Resolver report:
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.app_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>
        A Fragment-Host could not be resolved. The affected fragment is org.eclipse.virgo.samples.hibernate.entitymanager_3.6.0.Final
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-synthetic.context_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>
             constraint: <Import-Package: greenpages; version="0.0.0"> constrained to bundle <greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.app> constrained bundle version range "[2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT,2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT]"

An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.web_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>
             constraint: <Import-Package: org.hibernate.ejb.event; version="[3.6.0.Final,3.6.0.Final]"> constrained to bundle <org.eclipse.virgo.samples.hibernate.core> constrained bundle version range "0.0.0"
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.hibernate.jpa_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.db_2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT>

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.stage.resolve.internal.QuasiResolveStage.process(QuasiResolveStage.java:45)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.internal.CompensatingPipeline.doProcessTree(CompensatingPipeline.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.driveInstallPipeline(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:285)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.doInstall(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:164)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.install(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:136)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.deploy(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:203)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.hot.HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.deploy(HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.java:174)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.hot.HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.onChange(HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.util.io.FileSystemChecker.notifyListeners(FileSystemChecker.java:245)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.util.io.FileSystemChecker.check(FileSystemChecker.java:166)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.hot.WatchTask.run(WatchTask.java:58)

[2011-07-06 11:48:53.293] fs-watcher                   <HD0002E> Hot deploy failed for file 'greenpages-solution-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT.par'. org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.DeploymentException: Dependency satisfaction failed
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.driveInstallPipeline(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:288)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.doInstall(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:164)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.install(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:136)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.deploy(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:203)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.hot.HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.deploy(HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.java:174)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.hot.HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.onChange(HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.util.io.FileSystemChecker.notifyListeners(FileSystemChecker.java:245)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.util.io.FileSystemChecker.check(FileSystemChecker.java:166)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.hot.WatchTask.run(WatchTask.java:58)
Caused by: org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.UnableToSatisfyBundleDependenciesException: Unable to satisfy dependencies of bundle 'greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.app' at version '2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT': Cannot resolve: greenpages-hibernate-jpa-2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-greenpages.app
    Resolver report:

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.driveInstallPipeline(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:285)
	... 9 common frames omitted

The entitymanager fragment bundle only displays as "installed" in the Virgo console. The core and annotation bundles of hibernate are "active" so they must have installed correctly. I am not sure where I should be looking to fix this problem. Maybe someone can give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance!
Sebastian
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate (see error) [message #782908 is a reply to message #693350] Tue, 24 January 2012 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mdu Mising name is currently offline Mdu Mising nameFriend
Did anybody ever get Hibernate entityManager to work with green-pages example? Any pointers will be appreciated. My env is as ff:

Virgo: 3.0.2R
IDE: STS 2.9.1M
Entity Manager Library Version: org.hibernate.ejb-library-3.4.0.GA-A.libd

== MANIFEST:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Export-Package: greenpages.jpa;version="2.3.0";uses:="javax.sql",test;
version="2.3.0";uses:="org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation"
Built-By: Developer
Tool: Bundlor 1.0.0.RELEASE
Import-Library: org.hibernate.ejb;version="[3.4.0.GA-A,3.4.0.GA-A]"
Bundle-Name: GreenPages JPA
Created-By: Maven Integration for Eclipse
Bundle-Vendor: SpringSource Inc.
Bundle-Version: 2.3.0
Build-Jdk: 1.6.0_29
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Import-Package: greenpages;version="[2.3, 2.6)",javax.persistence;vers
ion="[1.0.0, 1.0.0]",javax.sql;version="0",or
g.springframework.beans.factory.annotation;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.s
pringframework.context.weaving;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframewo
rk.core.io;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.dao.annotation;ve
rsion="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.orm.jpa;version="[3.0, 3.1)",o
rg.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springfram
ework.stereotype;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.transaction
.annotation;version="[3.0, 3.1)",org.springframework.transaction.aspe
ctj;version="[3.0, 3.1)"
Bundle-SymbolicName: greenpages.jpa

== repository\usr:
01/23/2012 09:17 AM 443,727 com.springsource.antlr-2.7.6.jar
01/23/2012 09:27 AM 615,220 com.springsource.com.mchange.v2.c3p0-0.9.1.jar
01/23/2012 09:27 AM 707,511 com.springsource.com.mysql.jdbc-5.1.6.jar
01/23/2012 09:17 AM 601,798 com.springsource.javassist-3.9.0.GA.jar
01/23/2012 09:36 AM 134,386 com.springsource.javax.persistence-2.0.0.jar
01/23/2012 09:17 AM 326,877 com.springsource.net.sf.cglib-2.2.0.jar
01/23/2012 09:27 AM 4,615 com.springsource.org.aopalliance-1.0.0.jar
01/23/2012 09:17 AM 582,869 com.springsource.org.apache.commons.collections-3.2.1.jar
01/23/2012 09:27 AM 61,464 com.springsource.org.apache.commons.logging-1.1.1.jar
01/17/2012 06:01 PM 199,320 com.springsource.org.apache.xmlcommons-1.3.4.jar
01/19/2012 04:09 PM 314,490 com.springsource.org.dom4j-1.6.1.jar
01/23/2012 09:17 AM 2,448,830 com.springsource.org.hibernate-3.3.2.GA.jar
01/23/2012 11:56 AM 282,730 com.springsource.org.hibernate.annotations-3.4.0.GA-A.jar
01/23/2012 10:17 AM 67,601 com.springsource.org.hibernate.annotations.common-3.3.0.ga.jar
01/23/2012 10:47 AM 121,237 com.springsource.org.hibernate.ejb-3.4.0.GA-A.jar
01/23/2012 09:17 AM 26,719 com.springsource.org.objectweb.asm-1.5.3.jar
01/23/2012 12:20 PM 410 org.hibernate.ejb-library-3.4.0.GA-A.libd
01/23/2012 09:27 AM 321,190 org.springframework.aop-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
01/23/2012 09:27 AM 53,082 org.springframework.asm-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
01/23/2012 09:27 AM 555,410 org.springframework.beans-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
01/23/2012 09:27 AM 668,861 org.springframework.context-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
01/23/2012 09:27 AM 382,442 org.springframework.core-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
01/23/2012 09:27 AM 169,752 org.springframework.expression-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
01/23/2012 09:27 AM 385,712 org.springframework.jdbc-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
01/23/2012 09:17 AM 334,327 org.springframework.orm-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
01/23/2012 09:27 AM 231,900 org.springframework.transaction-3.0.4.RELEASE.jar

== ERROR Log
2012-01-24 12:36:49.273] TCP Connection(7)-127.0.0.1 <DE0002E> Installation of bundle 'greenpages.jpa' version '2.3.0' failed. org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.UnableToSatisfyBundleDependenciesException: Unable to satisfy dependencies of bundle 'greenpages.jpa' at version '2.3.0': Cannot resolve: greenpages.jpa
Resolver report:
Uses violation: <Import-Package: org.springframework.orm.jpa; version="[3.0.0,3.1.0)"> in bundle <greenpages.jpa_2.3.0[1327426601082]>
Resolver reported uses conflict for import
Uses violation: <Import-Package: org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor; version="[3.0.0,3.1.0)"> in bundle <greenpages.jpa_2.3.0[1327426601082]>
Found conflicts:
package 'org.hibernate_3.4.0.GA-A' in bundle 'com.springsource.org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA[82]' used by 'org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor_3.0.5.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.orm_3.0.5.RELEASE[99]'
conflicts with 'org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA' in bundle 'com.springsource.org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA[82]' used by 'org.hibernate.loader.custom_3.3.2.GA' in bundle 'com.springsource.org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA[82]'
package 'org.hibernate_3.4.0.GA-A' in bundle 'com.springsource.org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA[82]' used by 'org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor_3.0.5.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.orm_3.0.5.RELEASE[99]'
conflicts with 'org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA' in bundle 'com.springsource.org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA[82]' used by 'org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.javassist_3.3.2.GA' in bundle 'com.springsource.org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA[82]'
conflicts with 'org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA' in bundle 'com.springsource.org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA[82]' used by 'org.hibernate.jmx_3.3.2.GA' in bundle 'com.springsource.org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA[82]'
conflicts with 'org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA' in bundle 'com.springsource.org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA[82]' used by 'org.hibernate.id_3.3.2.GA' in bundle 'com.springsource.org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA[82]'
conflicts with 'org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA' in bundle 'com.springsource.org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA[82]' used by 'org.hibernate.usertype_3.3.2.GA' in bundle 'com.springsource.org.hibernate_3.3.2.GA[82]'

Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate (see error) [message #783091 is a reply to message #782908] Wed, 25 January 2012 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just recently updated greenpages fork to work with hibernate 3.6 and Virgo 3.0.2.R. Take a look here: https://github.com/dsklyut/virgo-samples-greenpages

The only example that I did test was hibernate.native btw.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 January 2012 03:24]

Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate (see error) [message #785816 is a reply to message #783091] Sun, 29 January 2012 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry, Thanks.
I tried to deploy (followed PAR instructions) hibernate.jpa from your recent GIT gp example and I get ff. error:

Import-Bundle with symbolic name 'org.eclipse.virgo.samples.hibernate.core' in version range '[3.6.0.Final, oo)' could not be satisfied

Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate (see error) [message #785822 is a reply to message #785816] Sun, 29 January 2012 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To add to the last post. I'm running 3.0.2.RELEASE and copied 'solution\greenpages.hibernate.jpa.par\target\par-provided' to 'virgo-tomcat-server-3.0.2.RELEASE\repository\usr'
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate (see error) [message #785851 is a reply to message #785822] Sun, 29 January 2012 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to copy par to /pickup
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #866016 is a reply to message #646063] Mon, 30 April 2012 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sriram ks is currently offline sriram ksFriend
i tried to run hibernate version of greenpages project from github but i cant do maven package as mvn cant download dependencies.

Failed to execute goal on project greenpages-solution-hibernate-jpa: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.eclipse.virgo.samples:greenpages-solution-hibernate-jpa:par:2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.eclipse.virgo.samples:greenpages.app-solution:jar:2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT, org.eclipse.virgo.samples:greenpages.hibernate.jpa-solution:jar:2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT, org.eclipse.virgo.samples:greenpages.db-solution:jar:2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT, org.eclipse.virgo.samples:greenpages.web-solution:war:2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT, org.eclipse.virgo.samples:greenpages.web-solution:pom:2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT:

Please help.
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #866046 is a reply to message #866016] Mon, 30 April 2012 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project greenpages.hibernate.jpa-solution: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.eclipse.virgo.samples:greenpages.hibernate.jpa-solution:jar:2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.hibernate:org.eclipse.virgo.samples.hibernate.entitymanager:jar:3.6.0.Final, javassist:org.eclipse.virgo.samples.javassist:jar:3.12.0.GA: Could not find artifact org.hibernate:org.eclipse.virgo.samples.hibernate.entitymanager:jar:3.6.0.Final in
Re: trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate [message #866081 is a reply to message #646063] Mon, 30 April 2012 18:26 Go to previous message
When i try to package hibernate greenpages i get the following error.

Failed to execute goal on project greenpages-solution-hibernate-jpa: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.eclipse.virgo.samples:greenpages-solution-hibernate-jpa:par:2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.eclipse.virgo.samples:greenpages.app-solution:jar:2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT, org.eclipse.virgo.samples:greenpages.hibernate.jpa-solution:jar:2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT, org.eclipse.virgo.samples:greenpages.db-solution:jar:2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT, org.eclipse.virgo.samples:greenpages.web-solution:war:2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT, org.eclipse.virgo.samples:greenpages.web-solution:pom:2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.eclipse.virgo.samples:greenpages.app-solution:jar:2.4.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT in http: //build.eclipse.org/rt/virgo/maven/bundles/snapshot/ was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of org.eclipse.build.rt.virgo.bundles.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced

Previous Topic:Disable Automatic Fragment Resolution
Next Topic:Weird in war file deployment exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:09:46 GMT 2024