Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Egit shows linked resources with "Unknow" status even if already commited
Egit shows linked resources with "Unknow" status even if already commited [message #645885] Mon, 20 December 2010 23:18 Go to next message
paul  is currently offline paul Friend
Hey guys,

I'm struggling with this issue and wondered if anyone had an idea on how to fix this.

I have a git repository "myrepo" with two folders in it "myproject" and "lib".
myproject contains an eclipse project which has an external source path pointing to lib. I.e. myrepo/.project has this in it:

<linkedResources>
<link>
<name>[source path] lib</name>
<type>2</type>
<locationURI>DOCUMENTS/myrepo/lib</locationURI>
</link>
</linkedResources>

Now, every time I commit something, every file in lib shows up in the list of files to be commited with a status of "Unknown".
If the file is called lib/mylibrary, the file path shows up as myproject: [source path] lib/mylibrary

When committing, no change actually gets committed for those entries but the problem is that with large libraries, this leads to a lot of clutter and noise making it hard to see what actually changed, and what's going into this commit.

I tried all variations in .gitignore to no avail.

Does anybody know how to hide / remove those entries of linkedResources in the commit changes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a bunch
Re: Egit shows linked resources with "Unknow" status even if already commited [message #646170 is a reply to message #645885] Wed, 22 December 2010 14:14 Go to previous message
paul  is currently offline paul Friend
Does anyone have an idea about this, or can possibly point to the part of the source code that handles this stuff?

Thanks
Previous Topic:EGit for Mylyn 0.9.3 released: EGit integrated with the Mylyn task framework
Next Topic:Synchronising and Read-only link resource
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:57:32 GMT 2024