Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [EugEnia] using phantom nodes and custom figures
[EugEnia] using phantom nodes and custom figures [message #645177] Wed, 15 December 2010 19:20 Go to next message
David Mising name is currently offline David Mising nameFriend

Hi,

I've read the articles http:// www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/doc/articles/eugenia-phantom-nod es/ and http:// www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/doc/articles/eugenia-nodes-with- images/.

Both phantom Nodes and images on the diagram are working fine individually, but if i try to combine both techniques I get some errors in my diagram-code:
Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
Can only iterate over an array or an instance of java.lang.Iterable	FeatureModelDiagramUpdater.java	/de.tgt.featureModel.represantation.diagram/src/featureModel/diagram/part	line 66	Java Problem

The method getNode_2003SemanticChildren(View) is undefined for the type FeatureModelDiagramUpdater	NodeCanonicalEditPolicy.java	/de.tgt.featureModel.represantation.diagram/src/featureModel/diagram/edit/policies	line 64	Java Problem

The method getRootAsset_2001SemanticChildren(View) is undefined for the type FeatureModelDiagramUpdater	RootAssetCanonicalEditPolicy.java	/de.tgt.featureModel.represantation.diagram/src/featureModel/diagram/edit/policies	line 64	Java Problem

Here is my .emf I create my GMF-diagram from:
@namespace(uri="http://featureModel/1.0", prefix="featureModel")
@gmf(foo="bar")
package featureModel;

@gmf.diagram(foo="bar")
class FeatureModel {
  val RootAsset[1] root;
}

@gmf.node(figure="figures.RootAssetImage", label.icon="false", label="name")
class RootAsset {
  attr String[1] name;
  @gmf.link(target.decoration="arrow", style="dash", tool.name="Connection")
  val Node[*] node;
}

@gmf.node(figure="figures.NodeImage",label.icon="false",label="name",phantom="true")
class Node {
 attr String[1] name;
}

So my questions are:
-Is there anything I do wrong in it?
-Has anyone ever combined phantom nodes and images and/or could give me a sample .emf?

Thanks in advance

With best regards
David

Re: [EugEnia] using phantom nodes and custom figures [message #645212 is a reply to message #645177] Wed, 15 December 2010 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitrios Kolovos is currently offline Dimitrios KolovosFriend
Hi David,

Interestingly enough, this appears to be working fine with the version
of GMF that ships with Eclipse 3.5.1 but not with the version that ships
with 3.6... I suspect it's a regression in GMF. Could you please attach
the .ecore, .genmodel and .gmf* files generated by EuGENia to a bug
report for GMF in the bugzilla and also post the link to the GMF
newsgroup so that the developers there can investigate?

Cheers,
Dimitris

On 15/12/2010 19:20, David wrote:
> Here is my .emf I create my GMF-diagram from:
> @namespace(uri="http://featureModel/1.0", prefix="featureModel")
> @gmf(foo="bar")
> package featureModel;
>
> @gmf.diagram(foo="bar")
> class FeatureModel {
> val RootAsset[1] root;
> }
>
>
> @gmf.node(figure="figures.RootAssetImage", label.icon="false",
> label="name")
> class RootAsset {
> attr String[1] name;
> @gmf.link(target.decoration="arrow", style="dash",
> tool.name="Connection")
> val Node[*] node;
> }
>
> @gmf.node(figure="figures.NodeImage",label.icon="false",label= "name",phantom="true")
>
> class Node {
> attr String[1] name;
> }
>
Re: [EugEnia] using phantom nodes and custom figures [message #645247 is a reply to message #645177] Thu, 16 December 2010 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Mising name is currently offline David Mising nameFriend

Hi Dimitris,

thanks a lot for that hint, now it runs perfectly (under eclipse 3.5.1). It is in no way caused by the use of costume ImageFigures, as I thought at first.

Bug 332705 is reported, never done that before, so if there is any further information I should mention, don't hesitate to tell me Smile. I have only attached my .emf file as the rest is created automatically anyway.

Cheers,
David

[Updated on: Thu, 16 December 2010 09:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EugEnia] using phantom nodes and custom figures [message #645676 is a reply to message #645177] Sun, 19 December 2010 19:00 Go to previous message
Mark Tippetts is currently offline Mark TippettsFriend
Hey David,

This is definitely a problem with the new GMF templates. I've had a similar problem, which I was able to fix by following the advice in this thread from the GMF forum: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&v ed=0CCoQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eclipse.org%2Fforums%2 Findex.php%3Ft%3Dmsg%26goto%3D559031%26S%3De1d2fd695324b1516 5c218166ddf15e5&ei=Y0MOTeKcMcL-8AbW39TYDQ&usg=AFQjCN EYlZQ3aNtCMDm1Vmqn9xC4lx984A&sig2=nvrzr-hSi51JvJiZK2CwFA

The latest (Helios) GMF release seems to have introduced a number of issues. Shortcuts are badly broken as well. I'm currently trying to figure out how to work around that, but so far with very mixed results. On the bright side, the troubles seem to be with the templates, rather than the runtime. I think these problems haven't been more widely reported because most GMF power-users seem to have highly customized templates, presumably based on earlier versions.

As a work-around, I'm going to try using the old templates with the new runtime, by setting gmfgen to use dynamic templates. In Helios, there's a plugin named org.eclipse.gmf.templates.legacy. Hopefully, that's the place to start. I'll report back here if I have any luck.

GMF is so complex, it makes me feel like a member of a cargo cult. Have you tried swinging a dead chicken over it? Wink

Regards,

Mark
Previous Topic:[eugenia] Problems creating diagram code
Next Topic:Errata in EpsilonBook.pdf, 29-Nov-2010
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:46:32 GMT 2024