Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » How to configure batch-writing parameter for sybase
How to configure batch-writing parameter for sybase [message #645056] Wed, 15 December 2010 12:43 Go to next message
ash is currently offline ashFriend
Hi,

In our application we have a requirement to insert huge data to Sybase database (upto 5 lakhs of records). We are using JPA + Eclipselink.

I optimizing the code to improve the performance and came across the method batch-writing.

In a MySql server to persist 10k records as a batch it take 3.9 seconds and the same 10k records takes around 45 seconds in Sybase by using batch-writing.

I tried all the options to configure batch-writing in persistence.xml i.e "JDBC" and "Buffered". In this JDBC gives a good performance comparitively to Buffered while persisting in MySql server but its still same with Sybase.

Please help me out how do I optimize or tune to achive the same in Sybase server. (from 45 seconds to 4 sec)
Re: How to configure batch-writing parameter for sybase [message #645106 is a reply to message #645056] Wed, 15 December 2010 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

JDBC batch writing requires that the JDC driver support parametrized batch writing. Some JDBC drivers do not support this, so this optimization will not be available. Check with your JDBC driver to see what it supports, and see if there are any other drivers available.

If parametrized batch writing is not supported, then you could try dynamic batch writing. To enable this set "eclipselink.jdbc.bind-parameters" to "false", and batch writing to either "JDBC" or "Buffered".

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: How to configure batch-writing parameter for sybase [message #655443 is a reply to message #645106] Mon, 21 February 2011 07:21 Go to previous message
ash is currently offline ashFriend
Hi James,

Thanks for the suggestions. But unfortunately I am still facing the same issue in performance.

I looked in to database side also.

I am not sure how it differs from MySql databse + windows O.S and Sybase database + Unix O.S which gives lot of performance difference as I had already discussed in my previous query.

I need help to increase performance on Unix + Sybase setup. Please let me know if any suggestions and help me.

Previous Topic:Running CanonicalModelProcessor in maven causes 100% CPU usage
Next Topic:execute update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:42:05 GMT 2024