Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Issue with breakpoints when running as a web page
Issue with breakpoints when running as a web page [message #644947] Tue, 14 December 2010 22:43 Go to next message
oliver pike is currently offline oliver pikeFriend
Environment:
CentOS 5.5
Eclipse 3.6.1
PDT 2.2
Using zend debugger (not sure which version)

When I debug a php file as a script, eclipse responds to breakpoints just fine, but when I debug as a web page, the php file runs but eclipse doesn't respond to any breakpoints at all, even with the opiton "Break at first line" set.

opike
Re: Issue with breakpoints when running as a web page [message #644964 is a reply to message #644947] Wed, 15 December 2010 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DIscovered that I needed to get zend integrated with my external webserver as well as eclipse, so I went through these instructions:

http://forums.zend.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=962#p4190

When I click on "test debugger" under debug configurations in eclipse, that works now.

I can also debug the initial php page as a "PHP Web Page" but I run a problem when that page submits a form.

I was going through this tutorial:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/tutorials/os-ph p-eclipse-pdt-debug/section2.html

And in the web debug example, when I set a breakpoint in functions.php, the debug never stops at the breakpoint and the output of functions.php is never displayed.
Re: Issue with breakpoints when running as a web page [message #644970 is a reply to message #644964] Wed, 15 December 2010 02:25 Go to previous message
Got it working...the last thing I needed was to put the

zend_extension=/opt/Zend/php-5.2.x/ZendDebugger.so

line under the [extensions] group in php.ini, instead of at the very end.
Previous Topic:integrate Natural Docs into PHP
Next Topic:[PHP 5.3] [Bug?] Namespaces defined in Include Path are not recognized?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:24:58 GMT 2024