Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » RCP product deployment problem(RCP product deployment problem)
RCP product deployment problem [message #644753] Tue, 14 December 2010 07:10 Go to next message
vrush Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I have RCP product which runs well after handling dependencies critically for days when run as
.product file -> Overview -> Launch an Eclipse application. (Application as org.eclispe.ui.ide.workbench).
But when I deploy the same product using Eclipse product export wizard it only shows Resource and C/C++ perspective. None of the views or perspective added in the product is visible.
I found out in the s/w installation details that product is in Installed state and not in Active or starting state. Rest all the plugins that i have included in .product file as dependencies are either in resolved or active state.
I'v struggled and googled a lot but doesn't seem to be getting to solution. Please provide some pointers to go about this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Vrushali.
Re: RCP product deployment problem [message #644786 is a reply to message #644753] Tue, 14 December 2010 09:06 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Vrushali,

99% sure that there is a missing bundle.

First:
Running from the launch configuration is not the same as running from your product configuration. To check if your product is ok, you should open the product configuration editor and launch from there. This will update the launch configuration to the latest information in the product. Note that there will still be some stale information in the run location.

Some pointers:

First run with -clean or do a perspective reset to see if this solves your problem.

If not then check if your views are available, ("Show View" or ALT+SHIFT+Q and then Q)

If these are not available, run the product with the -console and -consolelog parameters.

on the console find the bundle number with "ss" and then do a "diag <bundlenr>" to show what is missing from that bundle.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Wim
Previous Topic:Loosing SelectionProvider when opening file in editor
Next Topic:Context menu in a Form Dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:19:18 GMT 2024