Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Availability and usage of osgi-test-stubs
Availability and usage of osgi-test-stubs [message #644438] Sat, 11 December 2010 09:48 Go to next message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hi,

The Virgo source has a a test bundle osgi-test-stubs, "OSGi Test Stubs". I have found bit of information about it, f.i. an 18 month old SpringSource blog "OSGi Test Stubs 1.0.0.M1" and passing mention on Eclipsepedia.

There appears to be only minor differences between the download from the blog and what appears to be the current source in git. I have not been able to build either with complaints of Cannot find .../virgo-build/multi-bundle/default.xml

So my questions are:

1. Is the test suite usable outside of the context of build Virgo?
  2. The then how does one go about it? Is it necessary to build all of Virgo to acquire the bundle?

Many thanks,
Joel
Re: Availability and usage of osgi-test-stubs [message #644439 is a reply to message #644438] Sat, 11 December 2010 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RTFM first is usually useful Embarrassed

After reading the Virgo/Build instructions, building org.eclipse.virgo.teststubs.osgi.jar was a piece of cake.

Now I am interested in actually using it Wink So my next port of call is to investigate the test cases in Virgo that use it.

Any advice or pointers on its usage would be quite appreciated.

Cheers,
Joel

[Updated on: Sat, 11 December 2010 15:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Availability and usage of osgi-test-stubs [message #644455 is a reply to message #644439] Sat, 11 December 2010 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
The OSGi test stubs are used quite a bit in the kernel, so clone the kernel repository and grep for the test stub class names in files named *Tests.java.

Note I recently upgraded the test stubs to be compatible with Equinox 3.7 which takes into account generics. If you want an earlier version compatible with OSGi 4.2, checkout the 2.1.0.RELEASE tag of the test stubs repository.

Hope that gets you going.
Re: Availability and usage of osgi-test-stubs [message #644457 is a reply to message #644455] Sat, 11 December 2010 17:09 Go to previous message
Thanks for the prompt reply Glyn,

Yes, I noticed the Equinox 3.7 when I did the diff between the SpringSource M1 release and the current Git version. I was wondering why, thanks for the heads up.

All the best,
Joel
Previous Topic:Greenpages in STS(springsource Tool Suite)
Next Topic:Snaps Installation Blog Post
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:40:10 GMT 2024