Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Cannot find Dynamic Module annotations on Virgo
Cannot find Dynamic Module annotations on Virgo [message #643283] Mon, 06 December 2010 11:45 Go to next message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hi,

I am not able to find the @ServiceReference annotation (org.springframework.osgi.extensions.annotation) using Virgo. I thought that Virgo 2.1 was built against DM 2.1.0M1. I do not find this package available for import.

Does DM annotations usage require additional bundles to be installed? When I search the Spring OSGi Repository against this package I find references only to Spring DM Annotations Extensions 1.1.0 to 1.1.3, but this does not feel right if my assumption of DM 2.1.0M1 is correct.

Cheers,
Joel
Re: Cannot find Dynamic Module annotations on Virgo [message #643291 is a reply to message #643283] Mon, 06 December 2010 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Borislav Kapukaranov is currently offline Borislav KapukaranovFriend
Hi Joel,

Currently Virgo is built against Spring DM 1.2.1. This should be the reason why these annotations are missing.
Adoption of newer Spring DM version is not planned, but instead we intend to move directly to Gemini Blueprint which is based on the latest release of Spring DM. The issue here is that Gemini is still in incubation and its release is scheduled somewhere around Q1 next year, so this is when Virgo should consume it.

Best Regards
Borislav

[Updated on: Mon, 06 December 2010 12:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot find Dynamic Module annotations on Virgo [message #643293 is a reply to message #643291] Mon, 06 December 2010 12:09 Go to previous message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Thanks Borislav, that explains it.
Previous Topic:Creating an Application with Virgo
Next Topic:Manipulating MANIFEST headers while deploying bundles through a PLAN file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:54:36 GMT 2024