Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Swordfish » Need help to implement Federated SOA using Swordfish(Need help to implement Federated SOA using Swordfish)
Need help to implement Federated SOA using Swordfish [message #642390] Wed, 01 December 2010 07:47 Go to next message
Jayanta Sarkar is currently offline Jayanta SarkarFriend
Hi,

I am trying to implement one sample application for Federated SOA architecture using Swordfish. Here I want to deploy two services of same type in two different Swordfish ESBs and these would be registered in the Swordfish registry. The client will try to locate the service url from the registry and based on some policy the registry will return the url of one of the service endpoint which is predefined in the policy file. I need some help in this matter so that I could implement the above mentioned scenario.

I am also unable to run the Flight Booking sample of Swordfish due to lack of information available and no proper documentation.

Could some one please help me in this matter? First I would like to run the Flight booking sample successfully with all the steps and then would like to implement one sample application for Federated SOA.

Thanks & regards,
Jayanta Sarkar
Re: Need help to implement Federated SOA using Swordfish [message #642412 is a reply to message #642390] Wed, 01 December 2010 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jürgen Kindler is currently offline Jürgen KindlerFriend
Hi Jayanta Sarkar,

for now could you please be a little more specific about the problems you are facing with running the FlightBooking sample out of the box?

Cheers
Jürgen

Re: Need help to implement Federated SOA using Swordfish [message #642456 is a reply to message #642412] Wed, 01 December 2010 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jürgen Kindler,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Currently I could deploy only the FlightReservation & PaymentProcessing services in Swordfish Runtime. However I could not find any url (for REST call) for registering the services in the Swordfish Registry. I manully copied the wsdl files in the registry and it shows in the browser.

Also I could download the BPEL designer in the eclipse and draw the BPEL process. However after that I got confused what steps need to be followed to deploy the BPEL process as OSGi bundle in Swordfish. Though some steps are available in the documentation but those are not enough for deploying.

Please help me with the clear steps to be followed to run the FlightBooking sample in Swordfish. After that we could discuss for further implementation which I am looking for.

Thanks & regards,
Jayanta Sarkar
Re: Need help to implement Federated SOA using Swordfish [message #643747 is a reply to message #642456] Wed, 08 December 2010 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jürgen Kindler is currently offline Jürgen KindlerFriend
Hello Jayanta Sarkar,

right now Swordfish does not support creating RESTful services - only WebServices are supported.

About your problems uploading the service registry:
- In order to deploy WSDLs to the service registry you'd have to have a service registry instance running "somewhere" (which could basically a run config based on the Swordfish target platform that also starts the bundle org.eclipse.swordfish.registry and has a location specified to storing the wsdls you upload)
- If you right-click on your WSDL file you will see an item "Upload to Swordfish Registry" and you will be able to upload your WSDL file using this.

About the steps to get the FlightBooking sample running:
Please have a look at my recent post at http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=201252& amp;start=0&S=27dbe17be1ae14c26b1a669f0571f5d5

HTH
Jürgen
Re: Need help to implement Federated SOA using Swordfish [message #652137 is a reply to message #642390] Wed, 02 February 2011 18:31 Go to previous message
Hi Jürgen Kindler,

First of all thanks for your continuous help and also sorry for replying late. I am able to run the sample FlightBooking example. What I could execute so far as below:

1. Created FlightReservation & PaymentProcessing services and deployed.

2. Created consumder services for the above two services

3. Created FlightBooking service (JAX-WS based) and called the above two services successfully.

4. Also could execute dynamic endpoint features of Swordfish registry.

Now I would like to create one BPEL process and then call FlightReservation & PaymentProcessing services from the BPEL process. For this I have done the following steps:

1. Installed the BPEL designer

2. Designed the BPEL process as described in the documentation

But I am not able to configure the ODE in eclipse-soa-helios. As the steps which has been mentioned at the below url is not happening as the there is no plug-in available in the google code site as mentioned.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Swordfish_Documentation:_Service_Orc hestration

Also here it is mentioned

<bean id="bpelArtifactExporter"
class=" org.eclipse.swordfish.plugins.ode.support.BpelArtifactExport er "
p:bpelArtifactDirectory="classpath:ode_artifacts_directory/ "/>
Wanted to know this p (prefix) stands for which schema. This information is missing.

Could you please help me with the full steps required to deploy and execute the BPEL process in Swordfish?

Thanks & regards,
Jayanta
Previous Topic:FlightBooking demo not working
Next Topic:Difference between SOPERA & Swordfish
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:56:15 GMT 2024