Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Performance tuning Virgo
Performance tuning Virgo [message #642362] Wed, 01 December 2010 01:35 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
We are getting ready to release an OSGI application into production. What are some suggestions/recommendations for Virgo performance tuning?
Re: Performance tuning Virgo [message #642369 is a reply to message #642362] Wed, 01 December 2010 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Please see Virgo's profiling page. Smile
Re: Performance tuning Virgo [message #642370 is a reply to message #642369] Wed, 01 December 2010 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn, thanks for the quick reply. I may not have been clear in my request. I think you are referring to profiling/tuning of the application. I was more interested in tuning parameters for the Virgo server.
Re: Performance tuning Virgo [message #642829 is a reply to message #642370] Thu, 02 December 2010 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

Hi Paul,

Can you please provide more details on what your application uses in terms of technology and infrastructure?

For example if you use JSPs as I saw from your other thread perhaps its worth taking a look at some Tomcat performance guides.

How dynamic is your application? Do you expect to have different modules come and go often or you have more or less a static setup?

Regards,
Hristo Iliev
Re: Performance tuning Virgo [message #642830 is a reply to message #642829] Thu, 02 December 2010 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Hristo,

The application is mostly static - no reloading once the PAR is started. It is a PAR that contains multiple bundles and has external bundle dependencies. The technology stack includes: Spring 3.0.4, Spring Security, Spring MVC, Spring WS, JSPs, Tiles, Dozer, and Hibernate.

Thanks,
Paul
Re: Performance tuning Virgo [message #643111 is a reply to message #642830] Sat, 04 December 2010 16:13 Go to previous message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

Since you don't need reloading I guess most of the performance settings should come from the technology stack components that you are using - Spring, JSP ...

Currently there aren't much settings you can play with. I believe that "productive mode" support is a major scenario that has to be covered so feel free to raise an enhancement request for any additional tuning parameters that will make your life easier.

Previous Topic:Bundle Classpath Container not populated from Virgo repository
Next Topic:Creating an Application with Virgo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:42:08 GMT 2024