Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Regarding Implementing the Eclipse HELP Functionality
icon4.gif  Regarding Implementing the Eclipse HELP Functionality [message #641998] Mon, 29 November 2010 13:47 Go to next message
Karan  is currently offline Karan Friend
Hi..

I have created an RCP Project: "com.rcp.emp"

Along with that, I have created another project:
"com.emp.helpcontent" (This goes as a plugin to the main RCP Project)

This project consists of toc.xml as well as all the .htm files (The documentation for our project).

So, when we open the Help from our menu.. everything displays as it should.. so that is fine..that is...the documentation is displaying properly

However

When I type something in the search text box and click on "Go", It says: "Nothing Found". I am pretty sure the keyworkd I entered is present in the documentation.

All my files have extension .HTM and I have typed this exactly in the TOC.XML File also..That's why it's getting displayed when I click...... Searched the net to find out a solution...tried out a few suggestions to no avail!
Sad

Am I missing something here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have tried scouring the net for solutions and tried a few .. yet.. came up with nothing!

Thank you!

(I am talking about using the Eclipse HELP Functionality.
Why won;t the search work for our product??)
[/EDIT]

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2010 13:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Regarding Implementing the Eclipse HELP Functionality [message #642181 is a reply to message #641998] Tue, 30 November 2010 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raffaele Gambelli is currently offline Raffaele GambelliFriend
Hi,

my suggestion is to follow this tutorial http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-Add ingHelpToRCP/index.html step by step slowly Razz

I did it and all worked at first time,

best regards
Raffaele
Re: Regarding Implementing the Eclipse HELP Functionality [message #642198 is a reply to message #642181] Tue, 30 November 2010 11:08 Go to previous message
Karan  is currently offline Karan Friend
I had gone through this site before, however, I must have missed out on some point here or there.

Smile

I shall go through it again. I guess if it worked for you, then it should be working else-where as well.

Will Do.

Thank you.
Karan
Previous Topic:Disable ALL RCP keybindings
Next Topic:Different splash screens
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:22:33 GMT 2024