Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Maven repository for Virgo artifacts?
Maven repository for Virgo artifacts? [message #641859] Sun, 28 November 2010 20:39 Go to next message
Peter  ardfj is currently offline Peter ardfjFriend
Hi all,

are the Virgo bundles available as artifacts in a Maven repository?
I noticed that there exists an Ivy repository at

http://build.eclipse.org/rt/virgo/ivy

which can be used to pull in Virgo bundles on the build classpath from Ivy builds but I can't seem to find any information about the existence of a Maven counterpart.

In my specific case, I would like to be able to include the org.eclipse.virgo.test.framework-2.1.0.RELEASE.jar (and its transitive dependencies) in my Maven build to be able to execute Virgo integration tests.

best regards, Peter
Re: Maven repository for Virgo artifacts? [message #641920 is a reply to message #641859] Mon, 29 November 2010 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Yes, the Virgo bundles are available in a Maven repo, but see bug 329824 as at least one user seems to be having trouble. I wrote in that bug:
Quote:

We don't actually publicise the SpringSource maven repos for Virgo and Gemini
Web but they can be addressed using the following repository URLs:

http://zodiac.springsource.com/maven/bundles/release
http://zodiac.springsource.com/maven/libraries/release

Please note that these repositories are not browseable.

We don't want to publicise these repositories because we'll need to move off
Amazon S3 before long so non-SpringSource committers will be able to publish
builds, do releases, etc. without needing the SpringSource S3 keys.

Note that Virgo and Gemini Web publish their artifacts to Ivy repositories in
Amazon S3 *and* on build.eclipse.org. We may publish to Maven repositories on
build.eclipse.org (or elsewhere in the Eclipse infrastructure) in the fulness
of time as we move away from S3.

Please let us know how you get on.
Re: Maven repository for Virgo artifacts? [message #642092 is a reply to message #641859] Mon, 29 November 2010 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Glyn,

the repository works. I added the following lines to my pom.xml

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.eclipse.virgo.test</groupId>
      <artifactId>org.eclipse.virgo.test.framework</artifactId>
      <version>2.1.0.RELEASE</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>   
    <repository>
      <id>eclipse.virgo.maven.repo</id>
      <name>Eclipse Virgo Maven Repository</name>
      <url>http://zodiac.springsource.com/maven/bundles/release</url> 
    </repository>

which indeed gives me the test framework and its dependencies on my test classpath.
However, the following simple test fails:

@RunWith(OsgiTestRunner.class)
public class OsgiIntegrationTest {

@Test
	public void testInsideOsgi() {
		System.err.println("Inside OSGi");
	}
}

The error message is:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test set: org.osgi.sample.app.test.osgi.OsgiIntegrationTest
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.469 sec <<< FAILURE!
org.osgi.sample.app.test.osgi.OsgiIntegrationTest  Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error converting plugin at C:\Users\peter\.m2\repository\org\eclipse\osgi\org.eclipse.osgi\3.6.1.R36x_v20100806\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\1\1\bundlefile.
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.generateManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:446)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.getGeneratedManifest0(EclipseStorageHook.java:423)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.getGeneratedManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:393)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.createCachedManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:388)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.getManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:507)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.loadManifest(BaseStorage.java:306)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BundleInstall.begin(BundleInstall.java:82)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.installWorkerPrivileged(Framework.java:921)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework$1.run(Framework.java:837)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.installWorker(Framework.java:888)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.installBundle(Framework.java:832)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:167)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:161)
        at org.eclipse.virgo.test.framework.OsgiTestRunner.installAndStartTestBundle(OsgiTestRunner.java:94)
        at org.eclipse.virgo.test.framework.OsgiTestRunner.run(OsgiTestRunner.java:70)

Do you have any idea what went wrong here?

Thanks, Peter
Re: Maven repository for Virgo artifacts? [message #642100 is a reply to message #642092] Mon, 29 November 2010 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
Peter,

Have you examined how Virgo test framework works and configured for example in virgo-kernel/org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.test?

There are some assumption that it makes about its classpath and configuration that test framework needs to properly boot up the kernel.

Things to look in virgo-kernel/org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.test project:

src/test/resources/META-INF/test.config.properties
src/test/resources/config

Dmitry
Re: Maven repository for Virgo artifacts? [message #642576 is a reply to message #642100] Wed, 01 December 2010 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Dmitry,
I will take a look at it.

best regards, Peter
Re: Maven repository for Virgo artifacts? [message #936909 is a reply to message #642576] Mon, 08 October 2012 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
Hi,
I am currently having problems in accessing virgo artifacts from:

http://build.eclipse.org/rt/virgo/maven/bundles/release

This is the repository specified in the above mentioned bug.

I am using the following repository/dependency:

<repository>
  <id>eclipse-virgo-repository</id>
  <layout>p2</layout>
  <url>http://build.eclipse.org/rt/virgo/maven/bundles/release</url>
</repository>

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.eclipse.virgo.medic</groupId>
   <artifactId>org.eclipse.virgo.medic</artifactId>
   <version>3.5.0.RELEASE</version>
</dependency>

Actually I can browse that artifact using the above repository url. I can see for example the pom of the artifact. But a maven download fails.

I have not yet successfully loaded any artifact from a P2 repository. So this might as well be a configuration issue. From what I have read I understood that I only need to add the tycho plugin in order to access P2 repos.

<plugin>
   <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
   <artifactId>tycho-maven-plugin</artifactId>
   <version>0.15.0</version>
   <extensions>true</extensions>
</plugin>

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Thorsten
Re: Maven repository for Virgo artifacts? [message #936929 is a reply to message #936909] Mon, 08 October 2012 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
I believe http://build.eclipse.org/rt/virgo/maven/bundles/release is a standard Maven repository, so perhaps it would help if you didn't specify a p2 layout. Did some information you read give you the impression it was a p2 repo?
Re: Maven repository for Virgo artifacts? [message #937909 is a reply to message #936929] Tue, 09 October 2012 11:17 Go to previous message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
Very good question Glyn. Actually it's only the kind of browsing the files in that repository which reminded me of our own P2 repository which I have just set up. Removing the p2-layout tag perfectly solves the problem.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Thorsten
Previous Topic:Statement of direction: OSGi Subsystems spec support
Next Topic:Timing on deploying a Plan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:12:44 GMT 2024