Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Making Blueprint working with Gemini JPA and Gemini Naming(A package conflict prevents Blueprint to work with Gemini JPA and Gemini Naming.)
icon5.gif  Making Blueprint working with Gemini JPA and Gemini Naming [message #641534] Thu, 25 November 2010 22:18 Go to next message
Tommy is currently offline TommyFriend
Recently, I played around with Blueprint and everything workked fine. When I tried to integrate Gemini JPA and Gemini Naming, things got a little complicated, I kept having ClassNotFoundException.

After reading GettingStarted and Readme files and exploring Blueprint, Gemini JPA and Gemini Naming bundles, I found that Gemini JPA and Gemini Naming depends on the bundle osgi.enterprise.jar. The bundle osgi.enterprise.jar contains some package including org.osgi.service.blueprint.container and org.osgi.service.blueprint.reflect. While exploring Blueprint bundles, I found that the bundle org.eclipse.gemini.core also exports those 2 packages which is the reason why I had so touble making Gemini JPA and Gemini Naming working with Blueprint.

I would like to know how the content of the bundle osgi.enterprise.jar is going to be handle between Gemini projects? Will Blueprint import the packages org.osgi.service.blueprint.container and org.osgi.service.blueprint.reflect from the bundle osgi.enterprise.jar?

By the way, to make things work, I chose to unpack the bundle org.eclipse.gemini.core and remove complete the packages org.osgi.service.blueprint.container and org.osgi.service.blueprint.reflect, transform the exports of these 2 packages from the MANIFEST.MF into package imports and re-package the bundle org.eclipse.gemini.core. After doing this, I was able to sart a target platform with Blueprint, Gemini JPA and Gemini Naming successfully without any error.
Re: Making Blueprint working with Gemini JPA and Gemini Naming [message #641553 is a reply to message #641534] Fri, 26 November 2010 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Please could you say what kind of dependency Gemini JPA and Gemini Naming have on osgi.enterprise.jar?
Re: Making Blueprint working with Gemini JPA and Gemini Naming [message #641639 is a reply to message #641553] Fri, 26 November 2010 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommy is currently offline TommyFriend
In fact, only Gemini Naming depends on osgi.enterprise.jar, my mistake and I apologize. Gemini JPA does not depends on any package of osgi.enterprise.jar.

Gemini Naming depends on the package org.osgi.service.jndi wich is only present in the bundle osgi.enterprise.jar at the moment. I know it is in a very early development stage so a lot can change soon. This is why I wanted to know how the packages from the bundle osgi.enterprise.jar will be handle in the stable release to guide me in a short term solution that will be compatible with the first stable release.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Making Blueprint working with Gemini JPA and Gemini Naming [message #642335 is a reply to message #641639] Tue, 30 November 2010 20:27 Go to previous message
Bob Nettleton is currently offline Bob NettletonFriend
Hi Tommy,

The Gemini Naming Bundle should be modified to remove the dependency on the osgi.enterprise.jar.

I've filed a bug to track this issue:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=331470

and hope to have this fixed in a future milestone.

I'm not sure if this will fix all the problems you're running into, but it should at least remove the need for the osgi.enterprise.jar when deploying Gemini Naming.

thanks,
Bob
Previous Topic:How to combine Gemini Web and Gemini Blueprint?
Next Topic:Can't get Gemini JPA working under Felix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:38:31 GMT 2024